It’s still too early for us to know what’s coming at Lowe’s Black Friday sale this year but you can scroll down the page to see the details from last year to get an idea of what’s likely to come (we’re expecting to see a similar offer return). We’ll be posting a copy of their ad and all the important details for 2020 once we know more. Be sure to check back again soon for the latest updates or simply join our newsletter and we’ll let you know the moment news is announced.
Expected Start & End Dates
Here’s the breakdown of the start and end dates that we are expecting to see at this year’s Black Friday sale at Lowe’s. We base our predictions off of the sale schedule that they’ve ran in the past. While under normal circumstances we would be 99% confident of these predictions, with the unprecedented and ongoing Coronavirus pandemic right now, it’s possible that sale times and durations will change this year as companies adjust to the new reality.
- Expected start date, early deals: Similar to Home Depot, Lowe’s typically runs all of their Black Friday appliance deals for nearly the entire month of November, starting in the first week of November and ending in early December. Last year they offered 40% off select models with an extra $600 in free Lowe’s gift cards when you bought 2 or more qualifying appliances within the same transaction.
- Start date, online: We are expecting Lowe’s to offer online specials at lowes.com starting early in the morning on Thanksgiving day (November 26, 2020). All Lowe’s stores will likely be again closed on Thanksgiving day.
- Start date, in-stores: Store are expected to once again open at 6:00AM on Black Friday (November 27, 2020).
- End date, in-stores and online: Prices are valid until store closing time or while supplies last on Black Friday (November 27, 2020).
Our Favorite Deals for 2020
In light of the fact that Lowe’s Black Friday ad is not yet leaked, obviously we can’t specifically say what will be on sale this year quite yet. However you’d be surprised how the deals and featured sale items tend to repeat themselves from year to year. Given what we’ve seen in the past, here’s are some of the most popular deals you should be on the lookout for in 2020:
- Power tools — No home improvement store would be complete without power tools and Lowe’s typically has a ton to choose from over the long weekend. Often the lowest prices are on bundled sets. Last year one of the features specials was a 6-tool 24-volt lithium ion brushless cordless power tool set from Kobalt. It was on sale for $399 (normally $449) and also came with a free cordless dual bevel sliding compound miter saw, a $269 value! You also had bundles from brands such as DeWalt, Milwaukee and Craftsman.
- In-store only specials — Like many stores, Lowe’s typically has a handful of deeply discounted doorbuster specials to entice customers to shop in-stores early. We would expect this to change this year due to Coronavirus but who knows? If last year’s deals repeat themselves then you can expect to see live poinsettia plants for 50-cent/each (limit 16 per customer), 100-count mini LED Christmas lights on sale for $2.98, and 22-inch fresh Christmas wreaths priced at 2 for $10. They also handed out $10 off your $50+ purchase coupons to the first 300 customers to walk into the store, with one lucky person winning a $500 Lowe’s gift card.
- The unexpected — Sometimes the best deals in life are those that you were not expecting to get. Spanning across half a dozen pages, last year there were a number of small do-it-yourself hardware items to fix up your home. For example, there was a brushed nickel pull-down kitchen faucet on sale for $49 (50% off the list price), a 3/4-HP garbage disposal on sale for $119 (was $229), and a 60-inch ceiling fan on sale for $99.98 (was $159.98). You should also be on the lookout for remaining summer inventory clearance specials like Weber gas BBQ’s, patio sets and lawnmowers.
- Holiday decor — While a store like Crate & Barrel or World Market may be your go-to store for indoor holiday decor, Lowe’s is a good choice when if comes to fun outdoor holiday decor. Last year they featured a huge 7.5-foot Disney Mickey Mouse lawn inflatable for $69, a 49-inch light-up LED “joy” sign on sale for $49.98, and big outdoor random sparkle LED snowflake on sale for $49.98.
- Appliances — It seems like November is always the month when all the big-box home improvement stores bring out the large appliance deals. At last year’s Black Friday sale you could have picked up a beautiful dark-grey LG 5.2 cubic foot washer and/or a 7.3 cubic foot dryer for $599/each, a savings of $1300 if you bought the pair. There was also a huge 27 cubic foot stainless french door refrigerator on sale $1000 off, sale priced at $1399. Expect to see similar price points to return here in 2020.
As we always do, we will update this list with our favorite deals for 2020 the moment we get out hands on a copy of Lowe’s Black Friday ad. Stay tuned!
If you’re not a person who likes to wait (and who does, right?) then you check out all of Lowe’s pre-Thanksgiving deals now live at lowes.com. They’re known for running a number of pretty good deals in the days leading up to Thanksgiving on things in just about every category across the store. Plus it’s a good time to start looks for all of those leftover summer items that are now going on clearance — everything from BBQ grills to lawnmowers. Be sure to also see the full list of current offers and coupons posted below. Enjoy!
Last Year’s Black Friday Ad
Last updated on Friday November 15, 2019: As we reported a week ago, following in Home Depot’s footstep, Lowe’s has already gone live with their appliance Black Friday deals. But now we have their full Black Friday ad for 2019! It’s posted for you below. Enjoy.
You can view the remaining pages of this year’s Black Friday ad posted in the history section below.
Are you interested in seeing some of the older Black Friday ads from Lowe’s? Then follow the links below to take a walk down memory lane.
- 2019: Page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 and 28.
- 2018: Page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31 and 32.
- 2017: Page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 and 31.
- 2016: Page 1, 2, 3, and 4 (sale highlights only).
What’s on your Black Friday shopping list at Lowe’s this year? Let us know in the comments below.