Updated on Saturday October 23, 2021: There’s still some time left to go until Lowe’s Black Friday sale arrives again but you can scroll down the page to view last year’s details to get a general idea of the type of offers they typically run (you can expect to see similar deals return).
As always, we’ll be posting a copy of their ad, sale start/end dates and all the important details for 2021 the moment we know more. Be sure to check back again soon for the latest updates or join our newsletter to stay informed.
Black Friday 2021 Start & End Dates
You’ll often find that Lowe’s has a similar Black Friday sales schedule as The Home Depot. So when last year The Home Depot announced nearly a month long Black Friday sales event (citing the COVID-19 pandemic as reasoning behind getting rid of their usual two-day sale) then Lowe’s was quick to follow in their footsteps. Lowe’s ran most of their deals from late October through the beginning of December, although they did keep a few pages of 1-day-only specials reserved for online shoppers on Thanksgiving day and for in-store shoppers on Black Friday itself.
So what about this year? We’re expecting something similar again with a hybrid of both long and short terms deals in November given that the pandemic is still with us. But in light that cases are dramatically dropping across the country, we are expecting the return of more in-store-only deals as stores begin to lift some of their reduced customer foot traffic maximum capacity limits.
- Expected Early Black Friday Deals: October 21 through December 1, 2021 at lowes.com or while supplies last.
- Expected annual Black Friday appliance sale: November 18 through December 1, 2021. You can expect to see savings of up to 40% off + up to $700 in free Lowe’s gift cards when you purchase 2 or more qualifying major appliances totaling $1,999 or more in a single transaction.
- Expected main Black Friday sale start date, online: Thursday, Thanksgiving day at lowes.com (November 25, 2021). All stores are typically closed on Thanksgiving day itself.
- Expected main Black Friday sale start date, in-stores: Expected to begin on Black Friday when doors open (November 26, 2021). Stores hours may still vary this year by location due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
- Expected main Black Friday sale end date, online & in-stores: Wednesday December 1, 2021 or while supplies last.
We’ll be posting Lowe’s official Black Friday 2021 start and end dates/times the moment we are able to confirm the details. Bookmark this page and check back periodically for the latest updates or signup to our newsletter and we’ll let you know once there is important news to share.
Our Favorite Deals for 2021
You’d be surprised how the Black Friday deals and featured sale items at Lowe’s tend to repeat themselves from year to year. Given what we’ve seen in the past, here is what you should be on the lookout for in 2021:
- Power tools — No home improvement store would be complete without power tools and Lowe’s typically has a ton to choose from over the long weekend. Often the lowest prices are on bundled sets. Last year one of the features specials was a 6-tool 24-volt lithium ion brushless cordless power tool set from Kobalt. It was on sale for $399 (normally $449) and also came with a free cordless dual bevel sliding compound miter saw, a $269 value! You also had bundles from brands such as DeWalt, Milwaukee and Craftsman. Power tool bundles often consist of 2 to 6 different tools (i.e. drill, circular saw, jig-saw, impact drill, etc.), one or two batteries, a wall charger and carry bag.
- The unexpected — Sometimes the best deals in life are those that you were not expecting to get. Spanning across half a dozen pages, last year there were a number of small do-it-yourself hardware items to fix up your home. For example, there was a brushed nickel pull-down kitchen faucet on sale for $49 (50% off the list price), a 3/4-HP garbage disposal on sale for $119 (was $229), and a 60-inch ceiling fan on sale for $99.98 (was $159.98). You should also be on the lookout for remaining summer inventory clearance specials like Weber gas BBQ’s, patio sets and lawnmowers.
- Holiday decor — While a store like Crate & Barrel or World Market may be your go-to store for indoor holiday decor, Lowe’s is a good choice when if comes to fun outdoor holiday decor. Last year they featured a huge 7.5-foot Disney Mickey Mouse lawn inflatable for $69, a 49-inch light-up LED “joy” sign on sale for $49.98, and big outdoor random sparkle LED snowflake on sale for $49.98.
- Appliances — It seems like November is always the month when all the big-box home improvement stores bring out the large appliance deals. At last year’s Black Friday sale you could have picked up a beautiful dark-grey LG 5.2 cubic foot washer and/or a 7.3 cubic foot dryer for $599/each, a savings of $1300 if you bought the pair. There was also a huge 27 cubic foot stainless french door refrigerator on sale $1000 off, sale priced at $1399. Expect to see similar price points to return here in 2021.
If you’re not a person who likes to wait (and who does, right?) then you check out all of Lowe’s pre-Thanksgiving deals now live at lowes.com. They’re known for running a number of pretty good deals in the days leading up to Thanksgiving on things in just about every category across the store. Plus it’s a good time to start looks for all of those leftover summer items that are now going on clearance — everything from BBQ grills to lawnmowers. Be sure to also see the full list of current offers and coupons posted below. Enjoy!
Last Year’s Black Friday Ad
Updated on Monday November 9, 2020: Lowe’s Black Friday 2020 ad was released early this morning! See below for the full ad scan and details, including sale start/end dates. Happy bargain hunting!
Are you interested in seeing some of the older Black Friday ads from Lowe’s? Maybe you want to see what their doorbuster deals were last year of the year before? Then follow the links below to view the ad scan archive.
- 2020: Page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 and 28.
- 2019: Page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 and 28.
- 2018: Page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31 and 32.
- 2017: Page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 and 31.
- 2016: Page 1, 2, 3, and 4 (sale highlights only).
What’s on your Black Friday shopping list at Lowe’s this year? Let us know in the comments below.