Updated on Friday January 20, 2023: We are already looking forward to Walmart’s Black Friday 2023 sale. Although we still have a long ways to go, you can already slowly start planning for the event. Check out last year’s ad and offer details posted below to get a general idea of the type of deals that they like to run. And if you join our newsletter, you’ll be the first to know once their Black Friday 2023 ad is posted.
But that doesn’t mean that you can’t find some good deals today at Walmart. Here’s a look at some of our favorites deals available right now across some of their most popular product categories (many of these special prices are comparable to what you would see on Black Friday!):
- Food and groceries: Bananas priced for $0.25/each (normally $0.95/each).
- Tech and electronics: SAMSUNG 75″ Class 4K Crystal UHD (2160P) LED Smart TV with HDR on sale for $677.99. It’s normally priced at was $797.99.
- Video games: Get $60 off on the Xbox Series S Holiday Console, now sale priced for $239.99. Available while in-stock supplies last.
- Home goods: Shark EZ Robot Vacuum with Self-Empty Base (model #RV915S) on sale for $248. It’s normally priced at $449.
- Kitchen: Beautiful 6 Quart Touchscreen Air Fryer, White Icing by Drew Barrymore on sale for $69. It’s normally priced at $89.
- Clothing: The Great Christmas Women’s 4 Piece Plush Pajama Set (Let it Snow print) on sale for $12.50/each (with six colors to choose from). It’s normally priced at $24.99/each.
- Outdoor sports: 26-inch Decathlon Rockrider ST50, 21 Speed Aluminum Mountain Bike on sale for $128. It’s normally priced at $348. Choose from S, M, L and XL frame sizes.
- Kids’ toys: Deluxe Barbie Special Edition 60th DreamHouse Playset with 2 Dolls, Barbie, Car, 100+ Pieces (Walmart Exclusive) on sale for $129.50. It’s normally priced at $274.99.
- Health and beauty: BeautySpaceNK 2022 Premium Beauty Christmas Advent Calendar, Holiday Gift Set, sale priced at $29.50 (valued at $135).
- Automotive: Sun Joe SPX2680-MAX Electric Pressure Washer on sale for $49. It’s normally priced at $159.
Just keep in mind that all of these featured products were available and on sale for their respective advertised price as of January 20, 2023. These sale items are only offered for a limited time, while in-stock supplies last, and are subject to sell out. Some items may not be available in your local store.
Last Year’s Black Friday Ad
Updated on Saturday November 26, 2022: Walmart’s Black Friday 2022 ad for Event #3 (Walmart’s final and main event!) is posted below and the deals are NOW LIVE both in-stores and at walmart.com. Plus, they just announced the Cyber Monday 2022 deals coming this year, which go live TOMORROW afternoon! Here’s a summary of what you need to know before heading out the door to shop:
- For the last few years, Walmart’s Black Friday sales have been split up into 3 separate events, each running for 7 days long. This year is no different! We’ve posted the 2022 sales dates further down this page.
- The deals in each of Walmart’s Black Friday ads will be available both online and in-stores. However since 2020 when the COVID-19 pandemic hit, they’ve been offering the deals online a few days earlier than in-stores to cut down on the in-person store traffic. And if you’re a paying Walmart+ member, you’ll get even earlier access than everyone else to each of the separate sales… helpful if you’re looking to secure a deal on any one of their popular items like TV’s or gaming consoles which tend to sell out in minutes (this year all Walmart+ members get 7-hour early access to each of the 3 events). Walmart+ membership costs $98 if you prepay for the a year or $12.95 on a monthly basis.
- All qualifying purchases made in-stores and online in October, November and December will be eligible for return through January 31, 2023 (those that are sold and ship directly from Walmart, not 3rd party resellers).
- If shopping in-stores, all locations will once again be closed on Thanksgiving day itself. Stores open at 6:00AM on Friday morning.
- In terms of the deals, last year TV’s and gaming consoles (Xbox Series X, PS5 and Nintendo Switch) were the the most popular items that sold out quickly. You’ll see specials on small kitchen appliances, toys, phones (both pre-paid and on contract), apparel and home appliances (like vacuums) in their ad.
Black Friday 2022 Start & End Dates
The last few Black Friday sales at Walmart were unlike any others in their history due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Rather than one big sale and huge in-store-only doorbuster deals, the sales were spread out into three separate events with different deals offered at each (Target has also started doing something similar). Walmart has officially confirmed via press release that trend will continue here in 2022! Here are the Black Friday sale start and end dates that are coming this year:
- Confirmed start & end dates, Event #1: Online on Monday November 7, 2022 at 7:00PM EST/4:00PM PST and in-stores on Wednesday November 9, 2022 at 6:00AM local time. The deals will run through Sunday November 13, 2022 or while supplies last. 7-hour online early access at 12:00PM EST/9:00AM PST is given to all Walmart+ members.
- Confirmed start & end dates, Event #2: Online on Monday November 14, 2022 at 7:00PM EST/4:00PM PST and in stores on Wednesday November 16, 2022 at 6:00AM local time. The deals will run through Sunday November 20, 2022 or while supplies last. 7-hour online early access at 3:00PM EST/12:00PM PST will be given to all Walmart+ members.
- Confirmed start & end dates, Event #3: Online on Monday November 21, 2022 at 7:00PM ET/4:00PM PT and in stores on Friday November 25, 2022 at 6:00AM local time. The featured deals during this event will run through the end of the day on Sunday November 27, 2022 or while supplies last. Again, 7-hour online early access will be given to all Walmart+ members.
Keep in mind that all stores nationwide will be closed for the entire day on Thanksgiving day itself.
Walmart Black Friday 2022 Ad, Event #3
Walmart’s Black Friday ad for “Event #3” ad is posted below. We’ve also pulled out some of the top deals coming during this final round. These offers will begin at walmart.com on Monday November 21, 2022 at 7:00PM EST/4:00PM PST and in-stores on Friday November 25, 2022 at 6:00AM local time. The deals will end on Sunday November 27, 2022 or while supplies last. 7-hour online early access at 12:00PM EST/9:00AM PST is given to all Walmart+ members.
The top deals from Walmart’s 3rd Black Friday 2022 event include:
- Sony Playstation 5 (PS5) Disc Bundle – God of War for $559
- Nintendo Switch™ + Mario Kart™ 8 Deluxe + 3 Month Nintendo Switch Online Individual Membership for $299
- Xbox Series X Video Game Console will be in stock, priced at $499.
- Beats Solo3 Wireless On-Ear Headphones for $79
- Gateway 11.6″ 2-in-1 Touchscreen Laptop for $149
- onn. 10.1″ Kids Tablet, 32GB – Pink for $69
- TCL 2.1 Home Theater Sound Bar with Wireless Sub for $59
- TCL 65” Class 4K UHD Roku Smart TV for $228
- Flybar 6V Battery Powered Ride on Bumper Car for $79
- My Life As Doll for $15
- Select video games starting at $15
- Select LEGO sets starting at $40
- Chefman Barista Pro Espresso Machine for $99
- Gourmia All-in-One 14 Qt Air Fryer for $60
- MyMini Deluxe Value Box, Waffle Maker, Griddle, Donut Maker and Omelet Maker for $25
- Blackstone Steel Outdoor Pizza Oven for $159
- Select Serta bedding starting at $15
- Select sleepwear for the entire family starting at $6
- Select men’s and women’s apparel starting at $13
- Select men’s and women’s activewear starting at $19
In additional to the deals, Walmart will be restocking PS5 consoles and bundles starting online on Monday, Nov. 21 at 12 p.m. ET for Walmart+ members and 7 p.m. ET for all customers, with additional chances for all shoppers to get their hands on them online on Wednesday, Nov. 23 at 12 p.m. ET and in-stores and online on Black Friday itself.
Should I Join Walmart+ for Black Friday?
With Walmart announcing once again that it would offer exclusive 7-hour online early access for all Walmart+ members to each of their three planned Black Friday events this year, you may be wondering if it’s worth signing up. But after what many called a failed Black Friday sale three years ago, you may not have a choice if you want to secure one of their hottest doorbuster deals.
What happened two years ago?
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Walmart decided to focus their Black Friday sale mostly online with three different Black Friday events spread out over the month of November… exactly like they are doing again here in 2022. The deals were available online a few days before they were in stores, and generally, they did their best not to draw huge crowds in-stores by keeping local store inventory to a bare minimum. Maybe that’s not a bad idea when there’s sufficient online supplies available, the site doesn’t slow down or crash and everything works as planned.
But what happened was that items were instantly being sold out. People on Reddit reported that some hot items literally went “Out if Stock” seconds after the “Add to Cart” came up. And that was not only on PS5 and Xbox Series X consoles that were among the most sought after holiday gifts last year, but also on many of the other doorbuster specials such as TV’s, budget laptops, certain toys and small appliances.
What do we expect this year?
This year may be even worse in terms of supply. We’re still in a supply chain crisis with extended manufacturing lead times and record cargo ship backlogs at some of the largest U.S. ports. There’s still a worldwide computer chip shortage. There are price hikes among component parts, there’s record inflation, and high fuel costs. The outlook in the retail industry for the next few months is looking pretty bleak.
Here comes Walmart+ to the rescue.
As with everything in life, challenges also present new opportunities and a chance to reinvent yourself. Walmart is ceasing the moment by offering early access to paid Walmart Plus members to their Black Friday sale. It still was not guaranteed that the tempting TLC 55” 4K SmartTV featured for $228 on the cover page of their ad last year was easily available, you definitely had a much better chance on getting by beating out the crowds with early access.
It’s worth mentioning, Walmart+ membership is not only about early access to big events. You’ll also get free shipping to your home with no minimum on all purchases, free delivery from your local store on groceries, lower member pricing on fuel at any of their participating gas stations, and discounts on your prescriptions filled at any one of their 4000+ pharmacies.
So how much will Walmart+ cost me?
Walmart Plus membership is available for either $12.95/month or for $98/year if you pay ahead. There’s also a free 15-day trial available to anyone who hasn’t used their service before. But if you’re thinking on using the free trial to gain early access to their Black Friday events then you’re out of luck; Walmart is specific that only paid members can participate.
What should I do?
With the current economic environment and knowing that inventory levels will likely be squeezed this holiday season, buying your way to the front of the line may be your best option this year for any of the sought after doorbuster deals. Although at the same time, it hurts knowing that you’ll effectively be paying to gain access a good deal… something that in normal times you should never have to do.
But don’t feel bad, it is what it is. And it’s not only Walmart that’s come up a paid a membership program; we’re seeing the same at Best Buy, Amazon and others. All we can hope for is for things to return to normal again after COVID-19 fully passes.
Our Favorite Deals in 2022
You’ll find a lot of similarities in Walmart’s Black Friday doorbuster specials to the ones at Kohl’s and Target. Our team has been tracking all of these stores for a number of years now and we’ve noticed that the specials tend to repeat themselves from year to year. Here’s what you should be on the lookout for at Walmart’s Black Friday 2022 sale:
- Gaming Consoles & Games — Odds are that you weren’t able to pick up a PlayStation 5 or Xbox Series X during last year’s holiday season. There were just none to be found and the few folks that managed to get one somehow were price gouging them on eBay. This year it’s better, but we are still expecting units to sell out quickly. In Walmart’s 3rd and final ad you can expect to find both PS5 and Xbox Series X in-stock. But if you really want to have the best chance to get one then be sure to join Walmart+ to get early access to the sale. And don’t forget, there’s also the Nintendo Switch console featured with a handful of games and accessories.
- TV’s — You’ll find a ton of TV’s on sale from all the big-box stores — from Best Buy to Costco and everyone in-between — on sale during Thanksgiving weekend. Always the doorbuster deals on the front page of the Black Friday ad are the best but that’s also why they tend to sell out quickly, sometimes within minutes of going live (last year we received many comments on our Facebook page from angry folks that couldn’t checkout fast enough with the TV’s they wanted). Our favorite TV last year was the 70” 4K ONN 55” Smart TV on sale for $398 (it was on the cover page in the 3rd/main BF ad).
- Cellphones — With all the extra gift card opportunities coupled with some of the lowest prices out there, you couldn’t go wrong buying a new phone with either a 2-year contract or prepaid plan. Most of us in the office are Apple iPhone users so we are a bit biased, but if you like Samsung phones then there is something for you as well. Our favorite deal on Apple last year was on the iPhone 13 that came with a $300 Walmart eGift card with activation, available on AT&T Wireless or Verizon Wireless. For Android users, you could have picked up either the Samsung Galaxy Z Flip3 5G that came with a $500 Walmart eGift card with activation.
- Home Appliances — You’ll likely notice that about a quarter of Walmart’s Black Friday ad usually has various home goods items. As as you can imagine, kitchen essentials are still huge sellers as a result of people now permanently working from home due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. That will include deals on Keurig coffee makers, Instant Pot pressure cookers, KitchenAid mixers and iRobot Roomba and Dyson vacuums.
- Apparel — Be on the lookout to stock up on your favorite name-brand clothing from brands such as Under Armour, Nike, Reebok, Puma, Wrangler, Levi’s, and others. And if you don’t mind the store-brand apparel, especially for your kid’s clothing that they will destroy either way, then Walmart will likely be your best store to pick up the bargains.
- Toys — Last but not least, you’ve got lots of toys on sale. Our favorites last year included the Bounce Pro 7’ trampoline on sale for $119, the two hoverboards on the back page of the ad priced from $79 to $99/each, the KidKraft Play Kitchen on sale for $49 and the kid’s bike deals sale priced from $48 to $59/each depending on the size/style.
Are you interested in seeing some of Walmart’s older Black Friday ads? Then follow the links below to view the last few years of ad scan/flyer history.
- 2022: Event #1: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 and 14. Event #2: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8. Event #3: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6.
- 2021: Event #1: page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9. Event #2: page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8. Event #3: page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 and 20.
- 2020: Event #1: page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9. Event #2: page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 and 17. Event #3 (main event!): page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 and 12.
- 2019: Page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 and 38.
- 2018: Page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36 and 37.
- 2017: Page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 and 15.
- 2016: Page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, and 34.
What do you plan on getting at Walmart over Black Friday weekend? A new TV? Some toys for your kids? Let us know in the comments below.