Updated on Friday October 24, 2020: It’s still too early for us to know what’s coming at Big Lot’s Black Friday sale this year but you can scroll down the page to see the details from last year to get an idea of what’s likely to come (we’re expecting to see similar types of deals return again).
We’ll be posting a copy of their ad and all the important details for 2020 once we know more. Be sure to check back again soon for the latest updates or join our newsletter to be the first to know the moment news is announced.
Expected 2020 Start & End Dates
Besides a handful of one-day only deals, Big Lots typically runs their Black Friday sale for three days — from Thanksgiving day through Saturday night. Assuming that this year’s coronavirus pandemic doesn’t dramatically alter their sales schedule then these are the start and end times you can expect during Big Lots’ Black Friday sale here in 2020:
- One-day-only deals: Typically offered from 7:00AM—Midnight on Thanksgiving day (November 26, 2020), while quantities last. You’ll find these offers on the first page of their ad.
- Expected general start date: When doors open at 7:00AM on Thanksgiving day, Thursday November 26, 2020. Stores typically reopen at 6:00AM on Black Friday and at 8:00AM on Saturday.
- Expected general end date: Saturday November 28, 2020 or while quantities last.
What should I buy?
While this year’s sale details are still unknown to us, Big Lots often runs similar types of deals from year to year. Here’s what you should be on the lookout for:
- Furniture — Always a popular item at Big Lots is their doorbuster rocker recliner deal. Last year they had 4 different styles available all priced at just $189/each (a savings of $110). To go with it you could have also picked up a new sectional sofa for just $679. Both the sectional and recliner was their lowest price ever offered. You can expect at least three pages of other furniture deals in Big Lots’ Black Friday ad this year.
- Holiday decor — With Thanksgiving weekend officially kicking off the holiday season there’s no better time to restock your holiday supplies and Christmas home decor. Last year select artificial Christmas trees were 50% off, outdoor lawn decor was 25% off, gift wrapping was 20% off, and ornament tubes were buy-one get-one 50% off. Among the specials, our favorite was the cute set of 3 LED Deer Family lawn figures sale priced at just $70 for the set.
- Snacks — If you’re planning on hosting a holiday party this year then there’s no better time to fill up your pantry with snacks and sweets for your guests. Last year 2-liter bottles of Coca-Cola, 7up and Dr. Pepper were 77¢ each (limit 4 per person). They also has buy-one get-one free on assorted M&M, Reese’s, Hersey’s Kisses, and Ghirardelli chocolates.
- Toys — There’s always something at Big Lots for kids young and old to bring a smile to their face when opening up their presents under the Christmas tree. Last year all Barbie, Hot Wheels, Fisher-Price, V-tech, Leap Frog and Shopkins toys were included in a mix and match offer, buy-two get-one free. They also had both the Craig Drone and Radio Control Thunder Tumbler on sale for 50% off.
- Small appliances — Need a new air fryer, multi-cooker or coffee maker? Then you’ll likely to find a doorbuster deal on one or all of them at up to 50% off, many starting at just $9.99. Also be on the lookout for their vacuum bargains; last year select upright and cordless vacuums were on sale for 30% off.
Last Year’s Black Friday Ad
Last updated on Saturday November 9, 2019: We just received a copy Big Lot’s official Black Friday ad. All 12 pages are posted below.
You’ll find their 1-day deals on the first page, everything from recliners to Coca Cola is on sale! These offers are live on Thanksgiving day only (November 28, 2019 from 7:00AM to midnight) or while supplies last. The rest of the Black Friday offers are valid for 3 days, November 28-30, 2019, or while supplies last. Happy bargain hunting!
Need to see some of Big Lots’s older Black Friday ads from previous years? Then follow the links below.
- 2019: Page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 and 12.
- 2018: Page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 and 12.
- 2017: Page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 and 12.
- 2016: Page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 and 12.
What are you planning on getting at this year’s Black Friday sale at Big Lots? Maybe some new furniture? Leave your comments below.