Updated on Monday September 19, 2022: Official news from Sonos about their Black Friday 2022 sale is still unavailable — We’re working our sources to secure a copy of their ad, this year’s top deals and sale start/end dates as soon as possible. However, because we’ve been tracking their sales for about a decade now, we have a good idea on what to expect. Here’s what we’re predicting at Sonos’ Black Friday sale this year:
- Sonos typically runs their Black Friday sale from Thanksgiving day through Cyber Monday, or while in-stock supplies last. However on Cyber Monday itself they are known for adding an extra 24-hour deal on a product that wasn’t previously included in the offer.
- With that being said, Sonos did not offer any discounts or offers last year on Black Friday. We believe it was due to increased demand, supply disruptions and chip shortages during the COVID-19 pandemic as people were locked down at home. As things are now normalized in terms of the virus and the economy has recently seen a downturn, you can expect the event to return this year as they look to move more inventory during the holidays.
- In terms of the offer, you can expect to see up to $100 off on select speakers and speaker bundles. You can scroll down the page to view their last ad to get a general idea of the type of offers that they typically run (it’s likely that we’ll see similar items and deals return again here in 2022).
- What’s usually not included in Sonos’ Black Friday sales are any of their newest products. So don’t expect to save on the Ray or Sub Mini this year.
As always, the latest Black Friday news from Sonos will be posted as soon as we get it. Be sure to bookmark this page and check back regularly for more updates or join our newsletter to stay informed.
Black Friday 2022 Start & End Dates
As long as we can remember, Sonos has always run their Black Friday sales from Thanksgiving Day through Cyber Monday. But last year, probably as a result of the worldwide chip shortage caused by the COVID-19 pandemic, there was no Black Friday sale at all! We’re hoping though that the sale returns this year and if it does, these are the Black Friday start and end dates that we are expecting to see:
- Expected BF sale start date: Thursday November 24, 2022 at 12:01AM PST (that’s on Thanksgiving day).
- Expected BF sale end date: Cyber Monday November 28, 2022 at 11:59PM PST or while in-stock supplies last.
We will be posting Sonos’ confirmed Black Friday and Thanksgiving weekend sales schedule for 2022 as soon as we have the dates officially verified.
We’re including a list of Sonos’ current offers and coupons below, all of which you can take advantage of today. Be sure to see what’s available before heading out to shop. Good luck and happy bargain hunting!
Last Year’s Black Friday Ad
Updated on Friday November 26, 2021: Well, we were expecting Sonos to kick off their Black Friday sale yesterday but it didn’t arrive. And it’s not here today either. So it looks like the only deals to be found on Sonos speakers this Thanksgiving weekend is on the certified refurbished section of their site.
Sonos’ Black Friday 2020 Ad
Updated on Sunday November 22, 2020: Sonos’ Black Friday 2020 sale is now officially live, earlier than ever before! Here’s what you will be able to pick up today directly at sonos.com:
- Sonos Move for $299 (Normally $399, Save $100).
- Sonos Beam for $299 (Normally $399, Save $100).
- Sonos Sub for $599 (Normally $699, Save $100).
- All Sonos sets that include any of the above speakers are also discounted.
Offers valid from November 22-30, 2020 or while supplies last. Unfortunately, we’re not seeing any discounts offered on the new Arc soundbar, nor on the One, One SL or Five speakers.
What’s New at Sonos?
There are several new speakers released from Sonos recently. Here’s what’s new:
Sonos Sub Mini: Retailing for just $429 vs. the full-sized Sub for $749, the bluetooth subwoofer gives you not only big boom without the box, but is also an affordable way to join the Sonos ecosystem. Makes for an excellent pair with the Sonos Beam or Ray and One speakers.
Sonos Arc Soundbar: Finally, the Playbar replacement that we’ve been patiently waiting for is here — The Arc was just released late last year. With 11 Class-D digital amplifiers, 8 elliptical woofers and 3 silk-dome tweeters this is a worthy contender. It also now includes Apple AirPlay 2 and Alexa and Google Assistant voice controls built-in. It retails for $799.
Sonos Ray: Retail priced for $279, the Sonos Ray is a great option for fantastic sound in a smaller setting. And good on your budget too as the full-sized Arc soundbar is more than twice the cost. Besides being a great companion for your TV, it’s also built for streaming all of your favorites wirelessly via Apple AirPlay 2, Spotify Connect and more.
Keep an eye out for these new Sonos products when your shopping this Black Friday and Thanksgiving weekend.
Does Sonos ever go on sale?
Yes! Sonos is known for running a few sales per year when you shop their direct online store. Their major one is over Thanksgiving weekend. Afterwards, be on the lookout for their Father’s Day/Graduation deals that usually come for a week or so in the Spring.
Will Sonos have Black Friday deals?
They usually do! Ever since we started tracking Sonos back in 2014, they’ve been running a Black Friday sale every single year. The only exception was in 2021, likely due to the worldwide computer chip shortage caused by the COVID-19 pandemic.
Is Sonos Arc worth the money?
Most definitely if your an audiophile and love your music. Sonos is known for creating speakers with exceptional sound quality and clarity. Sonos also brings with it exceptional customer support and a two year warranty from the original purchase date in case something breaks. While there are plenty of low cost options on the market, if you’re planning on using your sound system often and plan on keeping it a while, then it’s one you should consider.
How much does a Sonos system cost?
A Sonos sound system ranges from just $298 for the two-speaker Play:1 set to about $1796 for their 5.1 Surround Set with Playbar and One. The great part of any Sonos system is that they are expandable and let you to add components later on. That means you can build out your sound system over time without having to pay for it all upfront.
Are sound bars worth it?
Televisions have become so thin lately that sound quality of the built-in speakers have suffered as a result. Most integrated TV speakers lack bass or produce distorted sound at higher output levels. Even an average-priced soundbar should bring a noticeable improvement to the sound quality of your movies and cable programing.
How good was Sonos’ Black Friday sale last year? How about two or three years ago? Follow the links below to view the last few years of their ad history to find out more.
- 2021: No sale this year.
- 2020: Page 1, 2 and 3.
- 2019: Page 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5.
- 2018: Page 1.
- 2017: Page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10.
- 2016: Page 1, 2, 3 and 4.
- 2015: Page 1 and 2.
- 2014: Page 1.
What’s your dream Sonos sound system? Planning on getting a complete system this year or just adding one or two speakers to your existing entertainment system? Maybe you’re thinking about getting a new Sonos Beam, Ray or Arc for Christmas? Leave your reply in the comments section.