Updated on Friday June 5, 2020: If you’re a regular user of TurboTax software then you probably already know that each year they run a number of different deals. And you’re in luck as we’re once again tracking the best TurboTax discounts for the 2020 tax season. Here’s our list of favorites available today.
IMPORTANT NEWS: Due to the Coronavirus pandemic (COVID-19), the IRS has officially pushed out this year's tax filing and payment deadlines from April 15th to July 15th, 2020. Learn more.
TurboTax Discounts & Offers – June 2020:
- $5.00 off the Deluxe online version of TurboTax — Choose from either the standard version or the new TurboTax Live version. Follow the link to apply the discount. You have until midnight Pacific Time on June 15, 2020 to take advantage of this offer.
- $10.00 off the Premier online version of TurboTax — Same as above, you have until 11:59PM PST on June 15, 2020 to take advantage of this offer.
- $15.00 off the Self-Employed online version of TurboTax — This offer ends June 15, 2020.
- 25% off the Quickbooks/TurboTax Self-Employed Bundle — If you already use Quickbooks to run your business accounting, then this offer is definitely worth considering.
- Find the TurboTax CD/Download versions on sale at Amazon — If you prefer the CD/Download version of TurboTax then it’s unlikely you’ll find a better sale price then at Amazon. Most versions are discounted and, as an authorized reseller, give you the option to download and install your copy of TurboTax moments after you complete your order. That’s helpful because you can get started on your return right away without having to wait for the physical disc to arrive in the mail.
- Military discount — All E1 through E5 ranking military personnel can qualify for free federal and state filing TurboTax Deluxe. If you need Premier, Self-Employed, or TurboTax Live then it’s no longer free, but as a active military employee you’ll get at lest $5 off your TurboTax purchase. E6 and above ranking military personnel get a $5 off discount on all TurboTax online federal products regardless of the version purchased.
- File for free online — You’ll pay nothing at all to file your federal and state taxes with the TurboTax Free Edition if you have a simple tax return. There’s no better deal than that! Just remember that this option is for folks that have a really simple tax for to send in. That means if you need itemized dedications, have business income to report, have rental properties, stock sales, or other special items you need to report to the IRS, then you’ll have to get one of the paid versions.
Do I need to apply a promo code to activate my TurboTax discount?
No you don’t. That’s because all of offers posted above already have the appropriate discount codes embedded in the links; just click through and you’ll see the offer applied to your purchase. This is typical of TurboTax.
What’s a TurboTax “Service Code”?
If you decide to work through your tax return this year using the online version of TurboTax (the most popular option for most folks) you’ll notice a “service code” box once you approach checkout. The naming is confusing, but it’s just an area where you can enter a code if one was given to you from Intuit’s customer support team. From a case to case basis, their team sometimes issues codes to customers to either track a purchase back to a support agent or to apply a make-good price adjustment.
What other offers are available from TurboTax?
We here at Blacker Friday are working around the clock to track all of the most popular offers available this tax season. However, there are other offers available out there, most notably for select banking and financial institution customers.
For example, if you’re an American Express card holder then you can login to your online account and very this week’s available offers. The same goes for any of your other banking accounts, i.e. Bank of America, Citibank, Wells Fargo, etc.. These offers tend to come and go — usually not available all tax-season long— and will vary depending on what type of customer you care (corporate, individual, high-wealth, etc.). It’s worth taking a look into your account to see if there is anything special available.
Which version of TurboTax should I choose?
If you’re filing a joint tax return, have multiple investments or W2 forms coming in, then it can be overwhelming when choosing with version of TurboTax to choose. You don’t want to start off a higher version than needed because not only is it not needed and more expensive to purchase, but also hard to downgrade as you’ll need to start over if switching to a lower version.
That’s why we recommend starting off with the lowest versions of TurboTax online… and that’s the “free” versions. Once you start filling out your return and adding your tax forms and income information, the program will guide you to the correct version of the software as you go along.
When’s this year’s tax deadline?
Because of the ongoing coronavirus pandemic, the IRS has officially pushed out this year’s April 15th the tax deadline to July 15, 2020. That means you’ll have up until July 15, 2020 to file your tax return and pay any taxes you owe or to file a tax extension. If you are granted a tax extension then you’ll still need to pay any estimated taxes owed by July 15th in order to avoid any late fees or interest charges.
If you have any questions or need assistance in applying one of these offers then be sure to let us know in the comments section located below.