Updated on Tuesday June 30, 2020: Tax season is once again quickly coming to an end and even though you have more time to file this year that ever before, you still have to get it done. As you’ve come to expect, we are back again with our list of favorite offers and discounts to help save on your Turbotax software. Here’s a look at all of our favorite deals available this week.
IMPORTANT NEWS: Due to the Coronavirus pandemic (COVID-19), the IRS has officially pushed out this year's tax filing and payment deadlines from April 15th to July 15th, 2020. Learn more.
TurboTax Discounts & Deals – July 2020:
- $5.00 off the TurboTax Deluxe Online — Follow the link to apply the discount automatically to your order. Your choice of the regular or “live help” versions. Offer valid until 11:59 PM PST on July 15, 2020.
- $10.00 off the TurboTax Premier Online — Offer valid until July 15, 2020.
- $15.00 off the Self-Employed Online version — Offer also valid through July 15, 2020.
- 25% off the Quickbooks/TurboTax Self-Employed Bundle — If you already use Quickbooks to run your business accounting, or have though about using it, then this bundle offer is definitely worth taking a look at. This is an ongoing promotion but only available to new customers.
- TurboTax CD/Download Version — If you’re not interested in online version of TurboTax and prefer to download and install the software on your PC, then you’re best option to pick up a copy at Amazon. They have both the download version available (where you download the software after checkout) as well as the physical boxed version where they’ll send it to you in the mail. We can’t quote today’s sale price because Amazon’s sale prices tend to vary daily but all that we’ll say is that they are likely to have the best deals on these versions.
- Military discount — All E1 through E5 ranking military personnel can qualify for free federal and state filing TurboTax Deluxe. If you need Premier, Self-Employed, or TurboTax Live federal products then a $5.00 off discount is offered. E6 and above ranking military personnel, including Officers, get the standard TurboTax discount as allotted to everyone else.
- File for free online — You’ll pay nothing at all to file your federal and state taxes with the TurboTax Free Edition if you have a simple tax return. There’s no better deal than that! Just remember that this option is for folks that have a really simple tax for to send in. That means if you need itemized dedications, have business income to report, have rental properties, stock sales, or other special items you need to report to the IRS, then you’ll have to get one of the paid versions.
We’ll be updating this page all season long so be sure to check back again for the latest deals coming from TurboTax before you file your tax return this year.
How to Save on TurboTax with your Credit Card
Besides the deals posted above, you can often save an extra few bucks more when you use a qualifying credit card at checkout when paying for your TurboTax software. We recommend logging into your online account for your favorite card and seeing if they have an extra percentage or fixed discount when using the card for your TurboTax purchase.
For example, let’s say you have a Cash Back Discover Card. Most cards offer 1% to 5% back on purchases. But when you login to your online Discover Card account, be on the lookout for a rewards or offers sections for additional savings from TurboTax. We’ve noticed that many of the larger banks and financial institutions have teamed up with TurboTax this season to offer even greater perks when using a qualified card.
When’s this Year’s Tax Deadline?
The Coronavirus pandemic has turned the world upside down. As such, most of us have much more important things to worry about now than otherwise we would during normal times. Fortunately, the IRS has given all of us extra time to complete our taxes this year without the need to file a tax extension. You’ll now have until July 15, 2020 to file your 2019 tax return and make any necessary payments for taxes owed to the IRS.
But with that said, if you’re anticipating a tax refund thais year then it’s probably a good idea to not wait until the last minute the file. That’s because the faster you send in your return then the faster you’ll receive any tax refunds owed to you.
Which Version of TurboTax Should I Choose?
If your tax situation is unusual and you’re not certain as to the version of TurboTax software to use, then you can always start with the lowest “free” version. That’s because the software will either way guide you — step by step — to the correct one to use based on the individual information that you provide.
How much extra did you save of TurboTax this year by using your Discover Card, Citi Card or other credit card? We’d love to know — Let us know all the details and anything else on your mind in the comments section below.