Black Friday 2019 – What to Expect
Last updated on Sunday November 17, 2019: Thanksgiving is right around the corner and we’re once again tracking all the latest Black Friday ads coming out from our favorite stores. One of those stores that tops our list this year is Pier 1 Imports. So what can you expect then to offer us this year? Let’s take a look.
Our Pier 1 Black Friday sale predictions for 2019:
While we can’t officially confirm the specifics, we’re again expecting them to bring back up to 50% off across the store. Last year that included Christmas trees, wreaths, stockings, ornaments, gift wrap, and more. They also had a number of buy-one get-one 50% off deals as well as 20% off select furniture, including select coffee and accent tables. Plus, if you decided to stay at home on Black Friday and not face the crazy crowds at the mall, most online orders of $50 or more shipped out for free. You can scroll down the page to take a look at last year’s ad and sale details to get an idea of what’s likely to come.
As we always do here at Blacker Friday, the moment Pier 1’s Black Friday ad is available we will post it here. Check back soon for the latest updates or join our newsletter and we will let you know once we have important news to share.
Black Friday Start & End Times
We’ve found that Pier 1 Imports generally runs their Black Friday sale from the Wednesday before Thanksgiving through the end of day on Cyber Monday. They’ll usually throw in a few “one-day only” bargains here and there but the general sale and the main offers typically remain unchanged throughout the event. If we assume the same scheduling from last year then these would be the likely start and end dates for 2019:
- Expected start date: Wednesday November 27, 2019 both online and in-stores. Just remember stores will be closed on Thanksgiving day itself.
- Expected end date: Cyber Monday, December 2, 2019 or while supplies last.
What’s Typically Excluded?
Pier 1’s Black Friday sale last year was accompanied with two very long pages of terms and conditions (you can see what those were by scrolling down this page). We won’t go though it all but have pulled out some the points we found to be important last year as you’ll likely to bound to similar terms when shopping at Pier 1 this Black Friday:
- Any buy-one get-one free or 50% off offers will likely exclude sale, final-sale and clearance merchandise. Magnolia Home, UNICEF and St. Jude Thanks and Giving items are also expected to be excluded.
- In-store gift card raffles requires you to be present in order to win.
- Free tote bag offers (usually for My Pier 1 Rewards members) are limited to one per customer, while supplies last.
- Final sale and clearance items are often excluded from any additional discounts advertised in their ad. Pricing and availability may vary between what’s listed on their website and in stores, and it may vary by location.
- Most free shipping with minimum purchase promotions apply to the sale amount before taxes on the Standard shipping rate. Often that excluded addresses in Alaska and Hawaii.
Until Pier 1 Imports’ Black Friday ad is released, be sure to take a look at their clearance and end of season sale page as you can already find some pretty good pre-holiday deals today. And if you sign up to their email list you’ll get 10% off your next purchase at pier1.com (new subscribers only – offer expiration is unknown). A full list of their current offers can be found below. Good luck and happy bargain hunting!
What are you planning on getting at Pier 1 this coming Black Friday weekend? Let us know in the comments (you’ll find the comments section located at the bottom of this page).
Updated on Wednesday November 21, 2018: Pier 1 Import’s Black Friday ad is finally here — Check out out below! The sale runs through Cyber Monday, while supplies last.
Are you interested in seeing some of Pier 1 Import’s older Black Friday ads? Then you’ve come to the right place! Follow the links below to view the last few years of ad history.