Updated on Monday April 15, 2019: There’s no getting around paying our taxes — We all have to file our forms once a year (and the deadline is TONIGHT!!). Fortunately, if you’re planning on using TurboTax then we’re here to help alleviate some of that pain as we’re once again tracking all of the top TurboTax deals — Here are our favorite offers available today before you file:
- $5.00 off TurboTax Deluxe — This is an instant coupon, follow the link to apply the discount to your purchase (you’ll have the choice of with or without “live” support). Offer valid through tonight at 11:59PM PT (April 15, 2019).
- $10.00 off TurboTax Premier — Available through midnight tonight, April 15, 2019.
- $15.00 off TurboTax Self-Employed — This deal is also valid through 11:59PM PT on April 15, 2019.
- 29% off the Quickbooks/TurboTax Self-Employed Bundle — If you already use Quickbooks to run your business accounting, then this offer is definitely worth taking a look at.
- TurboTax CD Version on Sale Now — If you’re the traditional type of person that prefers installing TurboTax on your personal computer as opposed to using their online version in the cloud, then you likely won’t find a better deal on the CD/download versions than at Amazon. Most TurboTax versions are on sale at the moment with the option available of downloading the software right after checkout. That means no waiting for the box to arrive in the mail so you can get starting on your tax return right away.
- Military discount — All E1 through E5 ranking military personnel can qualify for free federal and state filing TurboTax Deluxe. If you need Premier, Self-Employed, or TurboTax Live federal products then you’ll qualify for $5 off. E6 and above ranking military personnel all get a $5 off discount regardless of which TurboTax version is chose (discount only applied on the federal versions).
- File for free online — You’ll pay nothing at all to file your federal and state taxes with the TurboTax Free Edition if you have a simple tax return. There’s no better deal than that! Just remember that this option is for folks that have a really simple tax for to send in. That means if you need itemized dedications, have business income to report, have rental properties, stock sales, or other special items you need to report to the IRS, then you’ll have to get one of the paid versions.
When in the tax deadline this year?
You’ll have up until April 15, 2019 at 11:59PM your local time to file you’ll tax return. If you’re sending it by mail then it must be postmarked by that date. If you need extras time to you can also file an extension. Just keep in mind that even if you do, you’ll still have to pay your estimated taxes by April 15th in order to avoid any late fees or penalties.
Are there other TurboTax deals available?
In years past just about every banking and financial institution offered a discount on TurboTax. Even some went as far as giving available TurboTax free to select customers (the Vanguard TurboTax offer was a popular one a few years ago). However lately things have changed and you won’t find as many of these partner offers anymore. Fortunately you’ve got us here at Blacker Friday tracking all of the latest deals for you so no need to hunt around for other deals — Everything you’ll need to know is located right here, conveniently located in one place.
What’s a TurboTax Service Code?
This a common question we see every year… that’s because chances are that you’ll see an “enter your TurboTax service code” box at checkout once you’re ready to pay for your copy of TurboTax. This section is optional and typically used as a tracking tool for folks that have received help from a TurboTax chat or support agent. It’s somers also used to apply an order discount. However, because all the discounts we track are web-enabled, you won’t need to do anything here as the offers activated on this page are all automatically applied to your order.
Have other questions?
If you’re stuck or have a question, then just let us know in the comments below. We’ll do our best to help!