Updated on Friday June 5, 2020: Tax season is here once again and it’s time to start working on your tax return. If you’re a regular user of TurboTax then you already know that they typically offer discounts on their software and just like we do every year, we’re tracking them all! Below you’ll find all the best deals and coupons available today before you file.
IMPORTANT NEWS: Due to the Coronavirus pandemic (COVID-19), the IRS has officially pushed out this year's tax filing and payment deadlines from April 15th to July 15th, 2020. Learn more.
Our Favorite TurboTax Discounts, June 2020:
- Get $5.00 off TurboTax Deluxe (online version) — Offer valid through midnight PST on June 15, 2020 on your choice of versions (either with or without “live” support). Follow the link to reach the special offer page with the sale price (discount is shown automatically on the page).
- Get $10.00 off TurboTax Premier (online version) — Offer also valid through the end of day on June 15, 2020.
- Get $15.00 off the Self-Employed online version — This offer is valid through June 15, 2020.
- 25% off the Quickbooks/TurboTax Self-Employed Bundle — If you already use Quickbooks to run your business accounting, then this offer is definitely worth taking a look at as you’re saving a lot compared to ordering each separately. This is an ongoing offer for new customers so you can signup anytime.
- TurboTax CD Version Now on Sale — If you prefer the traditional CD version of TurboTax where you install their software locally on your home computer then Amazon has some of the best sale prices at then moment. They also give you the option (on most versions) to download the software right after checkout so you don’t need to wait for the disk to arrive in the mail. See Amazon.com for a look at the available versions and for today’s sale prices.
- Military discount — All E1 through E5 ranking military personnel can qualify for free federal and state filing TurboTax Deluxe. If you need Premier, Self-Employed, or TurboTax Live federal products then a $5.00 off discount is offered. E6 and above ranking military personnel get a $5 off discount or more on all TurboTax federal products.
- File for free online — You’ll pay nothing at all to file your federal and state taxes with the TurboTax Free Edition if you have a simple tax return. There’s no better deal than that! Just remember that this option is for folks that have a really simple tax for to send in. That means if you need itemized dedications, have business income to report, have rental properties, stock sales, or other special items you need to report to the IRS, then you’ll have to get one of the paid versions.
Is there a TurboTax discount offered for AARP members?
AARP has an entire tax resource center dedicated with helpful advice and tips — Like living on a budget, managing debt, savings and investing. But when it comes to actually purchasing your tax software, they don’t offer any discounts on TurboTax, H&R Block, or any other tax software as far as we were able to find.
Does it cost extra to file a State tax return with TurboTax?
Yes, there’s usually an extra fee associated with filing a State taxes with TurboTax. The fee will depend on the State or States that you need to file in. But considering that the average fee for a tax professional is over $200 (for an itemized federal and state tax return), you’ll find that using TurboTax still comes out to be a pretty good bargain.
What is a TurboTax Service Code?
Once you complete your tax return and get ready to e-file, you’ll first need to pay for your TurboTax Online purchase before you can send it off on it’s way. You’ll notice that right before you reach the payment step, the program will ask you if you have a “service code”. If you use any of the above discounts listed then you will not need to enter anything in this step. That’s because all of the current offers available this week do not require any additional codes to be entered at checkout. However, if you’ve been in contact with TurboTax’s support team, they may have received a service code to use (either as make-good or to track a specific purchase back to a support agent).
Questions and comments.
Need assistance? Then we’re here to help. Let us know what’s on your mind in the comments section below.