Updated on Friday, January 18, 2019: Nobody likes doing their taxes, but hey, we have to get it done. Fortunately TurboTax makes it easy with not only step by step guidance but support available throughout the way. And what’s even better is that you can pick up a good deal on your TurboTax purchase this month as there are a number of pretty good deals going on right now. Here’s a look at the best offers we we’re able to find:
- $20.00 off the Deluxe or Premier Online versions — This is one of the most popular TurboTax deals. You’ll be able to take advantage of the discount through January 31, 2019.
- $30.00 off the Self-Employed Online version — Offer valid through January 31, 2019.
- $10.00 off TurboTax CD/Download versions. You’ll have your choice of TurboTax Basic, Deluxe, Premier, or Home & Business. Valid through January 31, 2019.
- 29% off the Quickbooks/TurboTax Self-Employed Bundle — If you already use Quickbooks to run your business accounting, then this offer is definitely worth taking a look at.
- Military discount — All E1 through E5 ranking military personnel can qualify for free federal and state filing TurboTax Deluxe. If you need Premier, Self-Employed, or TurboTax Live federal products then a $5.00 off discount is offered. E6 and above ranking military personnel get at least a $5 off discount on all TurboTax federal products.
- File for free online — You’ll pay nothing at all to file your federal and state taxes with the TurboTax Free Edition if you have a simple tax return. There’s no better deal than that! Just remember that this option is for folks that have a really simple tax for to send in. That means if you need itemized dedications, have business income to report, have rental properties, stock sales, or other special items you need to report to the IRS, then you’ll have to get one of the paid versions.
What is a TurboTax Service Code?
From time to time, and only in special circumstances, TurboTax may issue you something called a “Service Code” — It’s a 7-digit number used for either order tracking or for applying a special credit (usually distributed by folks in Intuit’s customer service department). But if you happen to use any promotions found on this page, you’ll find that all of them have a service code built into the link url. That means any discount will be automatically applied with no other codes needed at checkout.
If you happen to have a service code that you would like to use, then you’ll be able to apply it to your TurboTax Online purchase, if applicable, right before the “view payments” section under the “file” tab as shown in the screenshot below.
How else can I save on TurboTax?
You may be able to save on TurboTax through your bank or financial institution. For example, in year’s past their was a Citibank TurboTax discount available if you completed your TurboTax purchase through your online banking account (found in the special offers section of your account). However, the partner discounts, like the one from Citi, are usually no more than $5 to $15 off which in many cases is less than the offers we typically highlight on this page. You can learn more about the options available at citi.com.
Does it cost extra to file a State tax return with TurboTax?
If you need to file a State tax return along with Federal tax return, then there is an extra filing fee that you will need to pay. The cost will vary from State to State and may depend on the version of TurboTax that you’re using this year and the number of State returns you need to file.
Questions and comments.
If you’ve found a TurboTax coupon or service code that’s not listed yet here on Blacker Friday then let us know in the comments section below. We look forward to hearing from you!