Updated on Monday April 15, 2019: Can you believe it? The tax filing deadline is TONIGHT… And you should probably be getting started on your tax return if you haven’t done so already. To help you finish up in time this year, we’re again tracking all the best deals you’ll find on TurboTax software. Here are the best offers you can take advantage of today before you file:
- $5.00 off TurboTax Deluxe — This is for the online version, either with or without TurboTax’s “live” support. Because it’s web-based, there is no need to download an install any software. The offer is automatically applied when you follow the above link. Sale ends on midnight PST tonight, (April 15, 2019).
- $10.00 off TurboTax Premier Online — Offer valid through 11:59PM PST tonight, April 15, 2019.
- $15.00 off the Self-Employed Online version — This offer also ends this evening, April 15, 2019.
- 29% off the Quickbooks/TurboTax Self-Employed Bundle — If you already use Quickbooks to run your business accounting, then this offer is definitely worth taking a look at. Offer valid for all new customers.
- Pick up the 2019 TurboTax CD/Download version on sale — If you simply prefer working on your tax return using the traditional version on TurboTax where you install the software on your personal computer, then turn no further than to Amazon for some of best deals on TurboTax. Because they are a licensed TurboTax reseller, they give you the option of either digitally downloading your copy of TurboTax after checkout or getting the boxed version which they send in the mail. The discount percentages will vary by then version chosen so be sure to see Amazon.com for full offer detials.
- Military discount — All E1 through E5 ranking military personnel can qualify for free federal and state filing TurboTax Deluxe. If you need Premier, Self-Employed, or TurboTax Live federal products then a $5.00 off discount is offered. E6 and above ranking military personnel get a $5 off discount or more on all TurboTax federal products. This is an ongoing offer.
- File for free online — You’ll pay nothing at all to file your federal and state taxes with the TurboTax Free Edition if you have a simple tax return. There’s no better deal than that! Just remember that this option is for folks that have a really simple tax for to send in. That means if you need itemized dedications, have business income to report, have rental properties, stock sales, or other special items you need to report to the IRS, then you’ll have to get one of the paid versions.
We’re updating this page daily through April 15th. If you’re not filing your tax return today then be sure to check back for the latest offers on TurboTax. Good luck with your tax return — We hope you have a big refund this year!
What is a TurboTax Service Code?
If you’re using the online version of TurboTax (that’s the one that’s web-based, where you don’t need to install any software on your computer) then you’ll notice that there is an area where you can enter a “service code”. It basically serves as a coupon code box or for tracking an order (a TurboTax customer representative may provide you with one if you received help before completing your purchase). It will look something like the screenshot below.
If you use you use any of the offers posted on this page then you won’t need to use it. That’s because the discounts are automatically applied to your order by following the provided links.
How else can I save on TurboTax?
One of the other options to save a little bit more on your TurboTax order is by using a rewards credit card. For example, the Chase Freedom credit card offers up to 5% cash back on your purchases. A number of other banks offer similar perks. Just keep in mind that in order to signup you will need to pass their credit application process and not everyone will be eligible.
Questions and comments.
If you are having difficulty applying one of TurboTax offers found on this page, have a better deal worth sharing, or need to report an expired offer, then let us know in the comments below.