Updated on Friday, January 18, 2019: With tax season now in full swing, we’re once again monitoring all of the best deals you’ll find this year on TurboTax software. Here’s a look at the best TurboTax offers we could find this week:
- $20.00 off TurboTax Deluxe or Premier — This is for the online versions. Because it’s web-based, there is no need to download an install any software. The offer is automatically applied when you follow the special link. Sale ends on January 31, 2019.
- $30.00 off the Self-Employed Online version — Offer valid through January 31, 2019.
- $10.00 off TurboTax CD/Download versions. You’ll have your choice of TurboTax Basic, Deluxe, Premier, or Home & Business. Offer valid through January 31, 2019.
- 29% off the Quickbooks/TurboTax Self-Employed Bundle — If you already use Quickbooks to run your business accounting, then this offer is definitely worth taking a look at.
- Military discount — All E1 through E5 ranking military personnel can qualify for free federal and state filing TurboTax Deluxe. If you need Premier, Self-Employed, or TurboTax Live federal products then a $5.00 off discount is offered. E6 and above ranking military personnel get a $5 off discount or more on all TurboTax federal products.
- File for free online — You’ll pay nothing at all to file your federal and state taxes with the TurboTax Free Edition if you have a simple tax return. There’s no better deal than that! Just remember that this option is for folks that have a really simple tax for to send in. That means if you need itemized dedications, have business income to report, have rental properties, stock sales, or other special items you need to report to the IRS, then you’ll have to get one of the paid versions.
What is a TurboTax Service Code?
If you’re using the online version of TurboTax (that’s the one that’s web-based, where you don’t need to install any software on your computer) then you’ll notice that there is an area where you can enter a “service code”. It basically serves as a coupon code box or for tracking an order (a TurboTax customer representative may provide you with one if you received help before completing your purchase). It will look something like the screenshot below.
If you use you use any of the offers posted on this page then you won’t need to use it. That’s because the discounts are automatically applied to your order by following the provided links.
How else can I save on TurboTax?
One of the other options to save a little bit more on your TurboTax order is by using a rewards credit card. For example, the Chase Freedom credit card offers up to 5% cash back on your purchases. A number of other banks offer similar perks. Just keep in mind that in order to signup you will need to pass their credit application process and not everyone will be eligible.
Questions and comments.
If you are having difficulty applying one of TurboTax offers found on this page, have a better deal worth sharing, or need to report an expired offer, then let us know in the comments below.