Updated on Monday April 15, 2019: We all know the saying “nothing is certain but death and taxes”. But that doesn’t mean you need to pay full price for your tax prep software. We’re again tracking our favorite TurboTax deals, discounts and service codes this tax season (and there’s just hours left to file in time as the deadline is tonight!).
Here are the best TurboTax offers you can take advantage of today:
- $5.00 off instantly on TurboTax Deluxe Online — You’ll need to follow the link to activate the discount (it will be automatically applied to your order with your choice of with or without the “live” support option). This offer is valid through midnight tonight (April 15, 2019).
- $10.00 off TurboTax Self-Employed Online — Offer valid through 11:59PM PST tonight (April 15, 2019).
- $15.00 off TurboTax Self-Employed Online version — Offer also valid through tonight, April 15, 2019.
- 29% off the Quickbooks/TurboTax Self-Employed Bundle — If you already use Quickbooks to run your business accounting, then this offer is definitely worth taking a look at. Although this is an ongoing offer, keep in mind that it’s only available for new customers who haven’t tried QuickBooks Online.
- See the TurboTax Download & CD versions on sale — If you prefer downloading and installing TurboTax on your PC/MAC rather than completing your tax return online with the digital version in the cloud, then your best bet on a deal is from Amazon. They typically have the best sale prices across most of the available versions with free download after checkout or free shipping for Prime members. Just keep in mind that Amazon’s sale prices will vary daily and are likely to go up the closer we get to the April 15th tax deadline.
- Military discount — All E1 through E5 ranking military personnel can qualify for free federal and state filing TurboTax Deluxe. If you need Premier, Self-Employed, or TurboTax Live federal products then a $5.00 off discount is offered. E6 and above ranking military personnel get a $5 off discount or more on all TurboTax federal products.
- File for free online — You’ll pay nothing at all to file your federal and state taxes with the TurboTax Free Edition if you have a simple tax return. There’s no better deal than that! Just remember that this option is for folks that have a really simple tax for to send in. That means if you need itemized dedications, have business income to report, have rental properties, stock sales, or other special items you need to report to the IRS, then you’ll have to get one of the paid versions.
This page is being updated all tax-season long so be sure to check back again for the latest Turbotax deals before you file your return. Good luck with your tax return — We hope it’ll be a pain-free process for you this year!
What if I’m an AAA member?
If your one for the 58 million American Automobile Association (AAA) customers in North America, then you probably already know that not only do you get phenomenal roadside assistance but also savings perks with your membership. And that’s not only on travel and new car purchases but on other things as well.
For the 2019 tax season (that’s for filing your 2018 tax return), AAA is once again offering their customers $5 to $15 off TurboTax Online. The deal is pretty much the same as as the featured offers listed above.
How to find and take advantage of the AAA offer.
The AAA discount is applied when you follow the link provided in your online account. Visit your regional AAA website (for example, for someone in Northern California it would be calstate.aaa.com, for someone in the North or South Carolina it would be carolinas.aaa.com, etc.) and from there you can either login to your existing account or set up a new account (you’ll need a active membership in order to signup). Once in your account, search for the TurboTax link in the offers section. Follow the link to the branded signup page on the TurboTax site.
To make sure the offer was correctly applied, navigate to the “Review your order screen” in the File section. You should see the discounted price with the retail price crossed out. If it’s not there, you’ll have to go back to aaa.com and try the link again (there’s no coupon or service code needed as the discount is applied automatically through the link). It should look something like this:
Unlike some of the other TurboTax discounts we see, like the Bank of America offer, AAA runs their offers regionally. That means a member in Southern California may see a different offer or discount amount than someone in the New York region. Because we don’t have access to every region, it’s had for us to confirm what some of these differences are or when they’ll expire in your area. So just keep that in mind when taking advantage of the offer.