Updated on Thursday July 8, 2021: We here at Blacker Friday don’t just monitor all of the most popular Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals, but also track many of our favorite offers year-round. Here’s a look at all the top TurboTax deals available today.
Top TurboTax Discounts, July 2021:
- $5.00 off the TurboTax Deluxe Online — Normally $60, now $55 for the Deluxe 2021 Federal version. Follow the link to apply the discount automatically to your order. Your choice of the regular or “live help” versions is available. Offer valid until 11:59 PM PST on July 31, 2021.
- $10.00 off the TurboTax Premier Online — Normally $90, now $80 for the Premier 2021 Federal version. Offer valid until July 31, 2021.
- $15.00 off the Self-Employed Online version — Normally $120, now $105 for the Self-Employed 2021 Federal version. Offer also valid through July 31, 2021.
- 50% off the Quickbooks/TurboTax Self-Employed Bundle — If you already use Quickbooks to run your business accounting, or have though about using it, then this bundle offer is definitely worth taking a look at. You’ll get 50% off your first 3 months of service (normally $25/month, now $12/month). This is an ongoing promotion but only available to new customers.
- TurboTax CD/Download Version — If you’re not interested in online version of TurboTax and prefer to download and install the software on your PC, then you’re best option to pick up a copy at Amazon. They have both the download version available (where you download the software after checkout) as well as the physical boxed version where they’ll send it to you in the mail. We can’t quote today’s sale price because Amazon’s sale prices tend to vary daily but all that we’ll say is that they are likely to have the best deals on these versions.
- Military discount — All enlisted active duty military and reservists ranking from E1 through E5 can qualify for free federal and state filing TurboTax Deluxe. If you need Premier, Self-Employed, or TurboTax Live federal products then $20 to $30 off is offered. E6 and above ranking military personnel, including Officers, get the standard TurboTax discount as allotted to everyone else.
- File for free, your simple tax returns only — You’ll pay nothing at all to file your federal and state taxes with the TurboTax Free Edition if you have a simple tax return. There’s no better deal than that! Just remember that this option is for folks that have a really simple tax for to send in. That means if you need itemized dedications, have business income to report, have rental properties, stock sales, or other special items you need to report to the IRS, then you’ll have to get one of the paid versions.
We’ll be updating this page all season long so be sure to check back again for the latest deals coming from TurboTax before you file your tax return this year.
If you’ve filed a tax extension this year either electronically or by mailing in a paper Form 4868 postmarked by May 17, 2021 and it was approved, then you have up until October 15, 2021 to file your 2020 return.
So what about those bank and credit union offers? Well, some of those discounts from a few years ago, including our favorite TurboTax Bank of America discount, is back for 2021. BofA is continuing their partnership with TurboTax (you’ll see that the discount link is in their “offers” tab once you login to your Bank of America online account). The partnerships at many of the other financial institutions seem to also be back for 2021.
Just so you know, TurboTax typically teams up with some of the top banking and financial institutions to offer banking clients a break on their at home tax preparation software. Not only is Bank of America part of the partnership but others like Citi, Wells Fargo, Chase, Sun Trust and dozens of others are as well. However, probably because everyone has access to the offers anyway (and they spread like wildfire on sites like Reddit), it appears that the deals are not as good as they used to be. Plus it’s hard to give a big discount when they probably have to pay their partners a commission or some sort of advertising fee to get exposure on partner websites or newsletters (which can be very costly).
But wait… There may be another tax deal from Bank of America.
We’ve noticed that this year Bank of America is offering certain account holders $5 cash-back when they pay for section versions of TurboTax 2021 online with their qualifying BofA credit or debit card. And from our personal account, it appears that this deal is available all tax season long.
To search for the offer, you will need to login to your online Bank of America account. Once there, navigate to the “cash back deals” link in the top bar. It should look something like this below although it might vary depending on your client level (we have a basic account):
On the main deals page the offer is among the first seven listed deals so you shouldn’t have any problems finding it.
What we’re just not sure of is if the cash back is valid for all customers. You’ll have to check with them for full details and for any rules and restrictions.
If you have any questions or comments then please share them with us in the comments section below.