Updated on Tuesday June 30, 2020: We here at Blacker Friday don’t just monitor all of the most popular Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals, but also track many of our favorite offers year-round. And because tax season is here once again we’re taking a look at all the top TurboTax deals we can find to help you save when filing your tax return.
IMPORTANT NEWS: Due to the Coronavirus pandemic (COVID-19), the IRS has officially pushed out this year's tax filing and payment deadlines from April 15th to July 15th, 2020. Learn more.
TurboTax Discounts & Deals, July 2020:
- $5.00 off the TurboTax Deluxe Online — Follow the link to apply the discount automatically to your order. Your choice of the regular or “live help” versions. Offer valid until 11:59 PM PST on July 15, 2020.
- $10.00 off the TurboTax Premier Online — Offer valid until July 15, 2020.
- $15.00 off the Self-Employed Online version — Offer also valid through July 15, 2020.
- 25% off the Quickbooks/TurboTax Self-Employed Bundle — If you already use Quickbooks to run your business accounting, or have though about using it, then this bundle offer is definitely worth taking a look at. This is an ongoing promotion but only available to new customers.
- TurboTax CD/Download Version — If you’re not interested in online version of TurboTax and prefer to download and install the software on your PC, then you’re best option to pick up a copy at Amazon. They have both the download version available (where you download the software after checkout) as well as the physical boxed version where they’ll send it to you in the mail. We can’t quote today’s sale price because Amazon’s sale prices tend to vary daily but all that we’ll say is that they are likely to have the best deals on these versions.
- Military discount — All E1 through E5 ranking military personnel can qualify for free federal and state filing TurboTax Deluxe. If you need Premier, Self-Employed, or TurboTax Live federal products then a $5.00 off discount is offered. E6 and above ranking military personnel, including Officers, get the standard TurboTax discount as allotted to everyone else.
- File for free online — You’ll pay nothing at all to file your federal and state taxes with the TurboTax Free Edition if you have a simple tax return. There’s no better deal than that! Just remember that this option is for folks that have a really simple tax for to send in. That means if you need itemized dedications, have business income to report, have rental properties, stock sales, or other special items you need to report to the IRS, then you’ll have to get one of the paid versions.
We’ll be updating this page all season long so be sure to check back again for the latest deals coming from TurboTax before you file your tax return this year.
So what about those bank and credit union offers? Well, all those discounts from a few years ago, including our favorite TurboTax Bank of America discount, is no longer being offered. BofA has ended their partnership with TurboTax back at the end of 2015 (you’ll see that the discount link is gone from their “offers” tab once you login to your Band of America online account). The partnerships at many of the other financial institutions seem to also have ended around that time as well.
Just so you know, in years past, TurboTax used to team up with some of the top banking and financial institutions to offer banking clients a break on their at home tax preparation software. Not only was Bank of America part of the partnership but others like Citi, Wells Fargo, Chase, Sun Trust and dozens of others. However, probably because everyone had access to the offers anyway (and spread like wildfire on sites like Reddit), it appears that they have moved away from offering specific partner discounts and just offer a general discount for everyone from time to time. Plus they probably had to pay their partners a commission or some sort of advertising fee to get exposure on partner websites or newsletters which can be costly.
But wait… There may be another tax deal from Bank of America.
We’ve noticed that the folks at H&R Block have picked up where TurboTax has left off (at least they did last year). We’ve seen them offer Bank of America customers 10% cash back if you pay for your H&R Block tax service with a qualifying BofA credit or debit card (up to a maximum of $28.00 back). Just keep in mind that this deal is not available all tax season long (UPDATE: at our last check we didn’t see it anymore).
To search for the offer, you will need to login to your online Bank of America account. Once there, navigate to the “cash back deals” link in the top bar. It should look something like this below although it might vary depending on your client level (we have a basic account):
On the main deals page the offer is amount the first five listed so you shouldn’t have any problems finding it.
What we’re just not sure of is if the cash back is only valid for in-person filing at your local H&R Block office or if their online software programs qualify as too. You’ll have to check with them for full details.
If you have any questions or comments then please share them with us in the comments section below.