We’ve still got a long ways to go until Petco’s Black Friday sale arrives again but you can scroll down the page to view last year’s details to get a general idea of the type of offers they typically run (you can expect to see similar deals return).
As always, we’ll be posting a copy of their ad, sale start/end dates and all the important details for 2021 the moment we know more. Be sure to check back again soon for the latest updates or join our newsletter to stay informed.
Updated on Tuesday November 24, 2020: Petco’s Black Friday ad isn’t available (at least with the few zip codes we tried), but their Black Friday deals are now live online! Check it out at petco.com.
Some of our favorite offers this year include:
- Pet Food & Snacks — Black Friday is the prefect time to stock up on dog and cat food for the winter. You’ll be able to pick up all dry dog food in stock for buy one get one at 50% off. That includes brands Blue, Rachael Ray Nutrish, WholeHearted and others. Just remember that the second discounted item must be the same brand as the first and the 50% off will be applied to the item of equal or lesser value of the two.
- Chew Toys — If it’s time to trash some of those old, dirty, chewed up dog toys then Petco has plenty on sale for you to stock up. You’ll find mix and match 50% off on all pet toys from their Holiday Trials Collection and from the Marvel Pet Fans Collection. The only exclusions form the offer are pre-stuffed stockings.
- Aquariums — If you’re looking to get a new fish tank or terrarium then you’ll find the entire stock of Zoo Med Stater kits, Aqueon Aquarium starter kits and Aqueon Open-Glass Aquariums for 50% off. And if you need a snake or lizard to go with it, then all reptiles in stock are also 50% off (selection will vary by store).
Just be aware that Petco’s Black Friday offers may require you to use your Pals Rewards card in order to apply the advertised discount. If you’re not a member then you can sign up for free in stores or online.
Expected 2020 Start & End Dates
Petco’s Black Friday sale is usually a two day event that begins Friday morning and ends Saturday evening, while supplies last. While they typically offer extra perks for in-store shoppers like free gifts for your pet (last year it was a pair of antlers for your dog or cat), due to the ongoing coronavirus pandemic, we’re expecting that some of the free perks this year will be extended to online shoppers as well.
- Expected start date:
Friday November 27, 2020 (Black Friday). Stores typically open at 8:00AM.Black Friday deals are now live online!
- Expected end date: Saturday November 28, 2020 or while quantities last.
In terms of store hours, be sure to call your local store a few days before their Black Friday sale is set to begin to see if and when they will be open. Be prepared as masks, social distancing and in-store maximum customer limits may be in place. And don’t forget to check out our complete coverage of COVID related store and mall/outlet closures happening this Thanksgiving.
Can’t wait until Black Friday comes around? Then check out all of Petco’s current pre-Thanksgiving day deals and coupons posted below. Happy bargain hunting!
Are you interested in seeing some of Petco’s older Black Friday ads? Then you’ve come to the right place! Follow the links below to view the last few years of ad history.
- 2019: Page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11.
- 2018: Page 1, 2, 3 and 4.
- 2017: Page 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5.
- 2016: Page 1 and 2.
- 2015: Page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 and 20.
What do you plan on getting at Petco’s Black Friday sale? Let us know in the comments below.