Black Friday 2019 – What to Expect
Last updated on Sunday November 17, 2019: With Thanksgiving nearly here, we’re on the look out for J.Crew’s Black Friday ad for 2019 to be officially released in the days leading up to Thanksgiving. But, knowing them as well as we do, we have our suspicions as to what’s coming. So what can you expect this year? Let’s take a look!
Our J.Crew Black Friday sale predictions for 2019:
It’s likely this year’s sale will be pretty similar to last year’s 50% off storewide (although in prior years it was 40% off so it’s possible this could return instead). The offer was good both in-store and online beginning on Thanksgiving day and running through Cyber Monday. Store times are expected to remain with most locations opening at 6:00PM on Thursday, Thanksgiving day (that includes their factory outlet locations).
As soon as more details emerge we will post the updates here on Blacker Friday… check back soon or just signup to our newsletter and we’ll keep you in the loop!
Black Friday Start & End Times
In the week leading up to Black Friday last year, J. Crew a pre-Thanksgiving sale of 40% off storewide to try to encourage you to shop early. But if you held out until Thanksgiving day, you we’re rewarded with 50% off your entire purchase. So assuming the same sale cycle returns again, here are the Black Friday dates we are predicting J. Crew to run this year:
- Expected start time: In the early hours of Thanksgiving day, Thursday November 28, 2019.
- Expected end time: The storewide sale is expected to last through Cyber Monday, December 2, 2019 (although initially you’ll find the terms usually have an end date of Black Friday, but then get extended later on). On Cyber Monday itself we also typically see a handful of doorbuster deals to up to 60% off.
We’ll get the dates confirmed for you as soon as we can. You can use these dates now only as a guide for your holiday weekend shopping plans.
What’s Typically Excluded?
Just like most storewide sales, J. Crew’s sale comes with a handful of exclusions. We went through last year’s terms and picked out some of the important thing you should be aware of before shopping this year.
- J.Crew’s Black Friday sale is usually limited to U.S. and Canadian J.Crew retail stores and jcrew.com. J.Crew Factory stores, J.Crew Mercantile stores, jcrewfactory.com, and phone orders are ineligible for the discount.
- Some merchandise will not be included in the sale. In the past we’ve seen third-party branded items, women’s Collection items, men’s everyday cashmere and Ludlow dress shirts, and Garments for Good items listed as some of the exclusions.
- No discounts offered on any in-store or online gift card purchases.
J. Crew already has select sale and end of season clearance items at up to 50% off at jcrew.com that are worth taking a look at. If you end up buying anything then keep in mind that all crewcut orders ship for free (everything else ships free as well, as long as your total purchase is over $150). Be sure to also check out the list of current offers we have for you below, it’s everything that’s available today at J.Crew’s Factory Store. Good luck and happy shopping!
Let us know what you’re planning on getting for yourself this Black Friday at J.Crew in the comments (you’ll find the comments section located at the bottom of this page).
Updated on Friday November 23, 2018: J. Crew’s Black Friday sale started just moments ago with 50% off your entire purchase. That’s even better than last year’s 40% off. A copy of their ad is posted below. Enjoy!
Are you interested in seeing some of J.Crew’s older Black Friday ads? Then follow the links below to take a walk down memory lane.