Updated on Saturday August 13, 2022: We’re still waiting on news about West Elm’s Black Friday sale — including securing a copy of their ad, confirming the top deals and 2022 sale dates — however, because we’ve been tracking their sales for over a decade now, we have a pretty good idea on what you can expect. Here’s a summary of what’s likely to come during their Black Friday event this year (our predictions are based on West Elm’s historical trends):
- West Elm’s Black Friday sale is usually a week-long event. These deals are expected to begin on the Monday before Thanksgiving and end on Sunday night, the day before Cyber Monday, or while in-stock supplies last.
- During these last few years, West Elm’s Black Friday sale has not been a storewide event. Rather, you can expect 40% to 70% off select ready-to-ship sale items and an extra 25% off coupon that you can use on existing marked-down items in their clearance section.
- If shopping in-stores, all locations nationwide are likely to be closed again on Thanksgiving day itself. Most stores reopen by 8:00AM on Friday morning.
- You can scroll down the page to view last year’s ad to get a general idea of the type of offers that are usually featured (it’s likely that we’ll see similar items and deals return again here in 2022).
As always, the latest Black Friday news will be posted as soon as we get it. Be sure to bookmark this page and check back again soon for more updates or join our newsletter to stay informed.
Black Friday 2022 Start & End Dates
West Elm started their main round of Black Friday deals last year on the Monday before Thanksgiving. The sale lasted through the long weekend, while supplies lasted. We’re predicting a similar sales schedule to return here in 2022.
- Expected Black Friday sale start date: Monday November 21, 2022 (remember, stores are closed on Thanksgiving day itself).
- Expected Black Friday sale end date: Sunday November 27, 2022. The deals will then likely be replaced with a different, new round of offers for Cyber Monday.
We will be posting West Elm’s confirmed Black Friday and Thanksgiving weekend sales schedule for 2022 as soon as we have the dates officially verified.
Last Year’s Black Friday Ad
Updated on Monday November 22, 2021: West Elm has been running “Black Friday” deals for the last 2 weeks or so, but their main-event begins today!
Starting now, shop westelm.com to get 40% to 70% off select ready-to-ship sale items. On top of that, you can get an extra 25% off in their clearance section with promo code EXTRA25.
See their site for official terms and conditions as some exclusions will apply. And don’t forget to come back to us here at Blacker Friday at the end of the month to check out West Elm’s Cyber Monday ad. Happy bargain hunting!
Does West Elm Have a Cyber Monday Sale?
Historically, when West Elm’s Black Friday sale ends after the long weekend on Sunday night, it’s immediately replaced with their Cyber Monday sale. It’s usually no longer a store-wide discount but rather a sale on a select group of items. Last year West Elm offered up to 70% off select clearance markdowns, 40% to 50% off “bonus” deals and free shipping site-wide with promo code (although large and bulky items were excluded). Be on the lookout for a similar sale to return again this year.
How Do I Apply the Black Friday Discount at West Elm?
West Elm typically requires you to enter a promotion code at checkout for you to take advantage of their advertised Black Friday special. That’s for both any free shipping offers and site-wide discounts. You’ll need to enter the provided code after you add the selected items to your shopping bag. That’s done in the “Payment & Review” tab, the 4th step of the checkout process where your credit card information is given as highlighted in the example below.
We’ve been able to put together quite an archive of West Elm’s older Black Friday ads throughout the years. Follow the links below to view the last several years of their ad history.
- 2021: Page 1, 2 and 3.
- 2020: Page 1 and 2.
- 2019: Page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7.
- 2018: Page 1, 2 and 3.
- 2017: Page 1.
- 2016: Page 1.
- 2015: Page 1, 2 and 3.
What are you planning on getting at West Elm this Thanksgiving weekend? New furniture? Maybe a lamp or new bed sheets? Let us know in the comments.