Updated on Tuesday January 22, 2019: The 2019 tax season is off to a start with many of us already receiving our W2 tax forms from our employers. And if one of your New Year’s resolutions is to file your taxes early and not in the last minutes of the day on April 15th, then now is your chance to check that off your list — Here’s a look at all of the current TurboTax offers now available here in January, 2019:
- Offer #1: Save $20.00 on the online edition of TurboTax Deluxe when ordered directly from intuit.com. Twenty bucks may not sound like a lot but considering that it retails for just $59.99, that’s actually a little more than 33% off. The discount is automatically applied when you visit their special offer page but you’ll have to complete, file and pay for your order by mid-February in order to get it (starting your return doesn’t count). TurboTax has a history of raising prices once we get closer to the tax filing deadline so keep that in mind.
- Offer #2: For those of you old-fashioned folks that prefer to install software on your PC rather than working on your tax return in the cloud, then you can save $10.00 on the download version of TurboTax Deluxe when ordered directly from intuit.com. Like with all deals coming from Intuit directly, you’ll have to order from the the special sale page in order to apply the savings. Although we don’t have the exact end date for this deal, we expect you’ll to be able to take advantage of the promotion up through April 15, 2019.
- Offer #3: If you or your spouse/parter where in active military service in 2018 then you may be able to take advantage of the TurboTax’s military discount. All E1-E5 ranked military personnel get the online version of TurboTax Deluxe for free. All E6 or above military personnel get $5.00 off or more, depending on the version chosen. TurboTax uses your military W-2 to verify rank and to apply the discount to your order. Only online versions qualify – Desktop versions are excluded from the offer.
- Offer #4: The next time you login to your online banking account be sure to take a look at see if they have a deals page (I have a link in my online Bank of America account). Although we’re seeing less of these deals lately, TurboTax has a history of partnering with credit unions, banks and credit card companies and offering a discount to their clients. Some worth looking into are Capital One, Citi Bank, Vanguard, Merrill Lynch, AAA, Nasa Federal Credit Union, PenFed, and Discover Card – All of which we’ve seen these partner deals before.
- Offer #5: Is this the first time you’re thinking about completing and sending in your tax return on your own? Or maybe you just want to have a quick estimate on how much of a refund you can expect to see this year? Whatever the the reason, you can work on your tax return completely for free with TurboTax up until the point of filing. Based on the information you enter, you’ll see the expected tax refund or the extra amount you’ll need to pay.
- Offer #6: If you’re a student then it’s likely you’re not making much money right now. If so, you may actually be able to file a simple tax return for free with TurboTax this year and not pay even a penny for it. Even better yet, TurboTax can help you get over $1,000 back in education credits and deductions if you qualify. Plus they will help you with FAFSA filing by letting you print a FAFSA-friendly view of your completed tax form.
- Offer #7: A number of stores sell TurboTax, including our favorite go-to place — Amazon. They usually a few bucks off or so, however because their sale prices change so often (even up to several time a day on certain items) you’ll need to check out their site for today’s sale price.