Updated on Monday April 15, 2019: Can you believe that the April 15th tax filing deadline is tonight? It’s probably a good idea to get started your tax return if you haven’t done so already. And to help you file in time, we’re once again tracking all of best deals on TurboTax software you can find today — Here’s a look at all of our favorites:
- Offer #1: Save $5.00 on the online edition of TurboTax Deluxe when ordered directly from intuit.com. Five bucks may not sound like a lot but considering that it retails for just $59.99, it’s a pretty good deal considering that today is April 15th your last day to file before the deadline. This discount is automatically applied when you visit their special offer page. Offer ends tonight at 11:59PM PST, April 15, 2019.
- Offer #2: If you or your spouse/parter where in active military service in any part of 2018 then you may be able to take advantage of the TurboTax’s military discount. All E1-E5 ranked military personnel get the online version of TurboTax Deluxe for free. All E6 or above military personnel get $5.00 off or more, depending on the version chosen. TurboTax uses your military W-2 to verify rank and to apply the discount to your order. Only available for online versions as the desktop versions are excluded from the offer. This is an ongoing offer but only available to those who pre-qualify.
- Offer #3: The next time you login to your online banking account be sure to take a look at see if they have a deals page (I have a link in my online Bank of America account). Although we’re seeing less of these deals lately, TurboTax has a history of partnering with credit unions, banks and credit card companies and offering a discount to their clients. Some worth looking into are Capital One, Citi Bank, Vanguard, Merrill Lynch, AAA, Nasa Federal Credit Union, PenFed, and Discover Card – All of which we’ve seen these partner deals before.
- Offer #4: Is this the first time you’re thinking about completing and sending in your tax return on your own? Or maybe you just want to have a quick estimate on how much of a refund you can expect to see this year? Whatever the the reason, you can work on your tax return completely for free with TurboTax up until the point of filing. Based on the information you enter, you’ll see the expected tax refund or the extra amount you’ll need to pay.
- Offer #5: If you’re a student then it’s likely you’re not making much money right now. If so, you may actually be able to file a simple tax return for free with TurboTax this year and not pay even a penny for it. Even better yet, TurboTax can help you get over $1,000 back in education credits and deductions if you qualify. Plus they will help you with FAFSA filing by letting you print a FAFSA-friendly view of your completed tax form.
- Offer #6: A number of stores sell TurboTax, including our favorite go-to place — Amazon. They usually a few bucks off or so, however because their sale prices change so often (even up to several time a day on certain items) you’ll need to check out their site for today’s sale price.