Michaels’ Black Friday 2018 sale is still a ways away. And although it’s too early to know what’s coming, you can scroll down the page to check out what was offered last year to get an idea of what’s likely to come. We’ll be updating this page with the latest ad leaks, news, and rumors the moment we know more (or just signup to our newsletter and we’ll keep you in the loop). Cheers!
What are you planning on getting at Michaels’ this Thanksgiving weekend? New Christmas decor? Gifts for the kids? A new photo frame? Let us know in the comments (you’ll find the comments section located at the bottom of this page).
Updated on Friday, November 17, 2017: For all of you crafty people, Michaels Black Friday 2017 ad has just been released. It’s 13 pages long by it’s got all of the important coupons you’ll need this year. Check it out below!
Michaels Black Friday sale begins at michaels.com on Thursday, Thanksgiving day at 4:00PM EST (November 23, 2017). Stores open later that afternoon at 6:00PM. On Friday stores re-open at 7:00AM. Remember to just important to be mindful of the days and times the coupons are valid for. Good luck and happy bargain hunting!
Updated November 22, 2016: Michael’s just released their Black Friday 2016 newspaper insert! We’ve uploaded the first few pages below, but because it’s pretty big we needed to put the rest of it on multiple pages (just follow the page links at the very bottom of this page to see more).
Just like last year, there are different deals and coupons to clip depending on when you’ll be heading out to the stores. In summary:
– Thursday, Thanksgiving Day: Shop online as early as at 4:00AM EST (that’s on November 24, 2016).
– Thursday, Thanksgiving Day: Stores open at 6:00PM (that’s November 24, 2016). Bring your coupon to save 30% on your entire purchase, including sale items, through midnight. If shopping online use promo code THANKS1 to get the discount.
– Friday: Stores open at 7:00AM (November 25, 2016). The same deal as the day before continues with 30% on your entire purchase, including sale items, with your coupon. You’ll have until noon to use it. If shopping online at use promo code THANKS4 to get the discount.
– Friday: For those shopping from noon to 10:00PM, bring your coupon to save 40% off all regular-priced items. If shopping online use promo code THANKS3 to get the discount.
– Saturday: For who compete their checkout between 8:00AM and noon, you’ll save 25% on your entire purchase, including sale items, with coupon. If shopping online use promo code THANKS6 to get the discount.
– Saturday: If you sleep in and get to Michaels after 12:00 noon, then you’re not out of luck yet because you’ll be able to bring your coupon to get save 50% on any one regularly priced item. You’ll also be able to get the deal on their site with coupon code THANKS7.
In terms of the deals, find select doorbuster deals at up to 70% off. It’s especially a good time to stock up on your holiday decor – Everything from pre-lit artificial christmas trees to wrapping paper, wreaths, ribbons, ornaments, and a whole lot more. Check out the full ad below for what’s waiting for you this Thanksgiving weekend.
Updated November 3, 2015: We just got a leaked copy of Michaels Black Friday ad for 2015! And this year it seems like the deals are even better than what we saw in 2014. However, you’ll have to get there early to take advantage of their best doorbuster deals… All stores open at 4:00pm on Thanksgiving day and the deals will be live up until 2:00am on Black Friday. Then on Friday you’ll be able to use one of the in-store coupons, or coupon code if shopping online… there’s a different deal depending on the day/hours that you’re planning on shopping so be sure to scroll through the full ad book below.
This year Michaels is also giving away free $5 gift card cards to the first 21 people in line at each store on Thursday when doors open. From those 21 people, one lucky person will get a $20.00 gift card. Here are some more of this year’s highlights:
– You’ll be able to pick up a big 7 1/2 foot pre-lit Kensington led Christmas tree on sale for $99.00 (normally $299.00) or a smaller 4-foot pre-lit Hillside pine Christmas tree for $19.99 (normally $49.99). You’ll also get 70% off on Christmas ribbons (perfect for making bow-ties when wrapping presents for the kids) and level 2 and 3 gallery wrapped canvases.
— Christmas-themed beads for 60% off (up to 1800 styles to choose from!), 60% off handcrafted floral arrangements, and up to 70% off select in-stock of Christmas meshes/wreaths. be sure to also see the candle jars that are on sale for 4 for $10.00 (if you’re also a candle lover, be sure to see the Thanksgiving weekend sale at Yankee Candle and Woodwick).
— 50% off on Christmas stems, bushes, and garlands by Ashland. Select potted flower arrangements are $3.33/each (3 for $10.00 – normally $9.99/each). You’ll also be able to pick up some cute Christmas boxes, perter for storing your more fragile ornaments, for 40% off.
— The entire stock of Christmas baskets for 40% off the regular price. Or you can pick up a number of handmade ornaments for 50% off. That’s not a bad deal considering that we are just a few weeks away to Christmas!
— If you’re planning on skipping the crowds on Thursday and Friday, then there is something special waiting for you on Saturday morning. That’s because Michaels has 3 for 1 doorbusters all mooring. That includes on select picture frame, Christmas tree ornament frames, ribbons, and garlands.
— If you miss out on the Christmas tree deals on Thursday, the you’ll still be able to find a good deal on one on Saturday, including on a 6-foot pre-lit Norther pine tree with 600 lights for just $59.99/each (normally $149.99/each). You will also be able to buy big 24-inch artificial Christmas wreaths for as low as $2.99 and a 126-piece All Media art set for $19.99 (makes a perfect gift for the art lover in the family!).
On page 9 don’t forget to clip out your Saturday coupon to save 40% on all regularly priced paper crating stickers and embellishments. You can also use the coupon code STICKERS28T if shopping online.
In terms of store hours, this is what it’s looking like:
– Thursday, Thanksgiving Day: Open from 4:00PM to 2:00AM.
– Friday: Open from 7:00AM to 10:00PM.
– Saturday: Open from 8:00AM to 10:00PM.
– Sunday: Back to your regular store hours (may vary by location).
We just got a hold of Michaels’ Black Friday flyer and it looks like the deals match up pretty well to those from last year. Stores open at 4:00pm on Thanksgiving day and will stay open up until 2:00am, but you don’t have to rush out of the house as it picks up again at 7:00am on Friday and runs through noon. Best of all, this year you don’t have to bring in your coupons with you from the newspaper mailer as long as you can show it on your iPhone at checkout to the cashier. Or better yet, just do all your Black Friday shopping at michaels.com.
The deals at Michaels are time-specific so be sure you come with a plan. On Thursday evening and Friday morning up until noon, you can save 30% off your entire purchase with coupon. That’s a good deal as it’s valid on everything, including sale items. You also have the opportunity to pick up one of their many door best deals at up to 70% off. That includes a selection of Christmas ribbons, hand-made Christmas ornaments, and gallery wrapped canvases.
If you plan on mostly buying things that are not on sale or discounted, then you’ll be better off coming in-store or shopping online between noon and 10:00pm on friday as you’ll be able to save 40% off your entire regular-purchase-price order with your printed coupon in hand. And for those planning on just getting a single, more expensive item, then come back on saturday afternoon to save 50% on one-single regularly priced piece.
In terms of some of the specific deals, now’s a great time to replace any of your artificial Christmas trees. They have pre-lit 7-foot willow tree for just $89.99 after $140.00 off. If you need something a tad bit smaller, then you can pick up the 4-foot pre-lit pine tree for $19.99 after $30.00 savings.
The Black Friday weekend is also a good time to get any of your custom framing orders completed. Between Thursday 11/27 and Saturday 11/29 you’ll have to opportunity to 60% off and then another 20% off on top of that on qualifying purchases. Just remember that certain restrictions may apply so see store for details.
Here’s a look at some of the highlights from this year’s ad scan: