The details for Ancestry’s Black Friday 2019 sale have not yet been officially announced. However, in the last few year’s that we’ve tracking them, we’ve noticed a few trends. Here’s what we are expecting them to offer this coming Thanksgiving weekend:
- AncestryDNA is on sale for $49 or less (normally priced at $99). Each year the discounts get bigger — For Black Friday in 2015 and 2016 it was on sale for $69, in 2017 it was on sale for $59, and in 2018 it was $49. So you can probably expect to see at least the $49 price point return again this year.
- Any Ancestry subscription for 50% off (these make a great Christmas gift!).
- Their Black Friday sale will likely start on Wednesday, the day before Thanksgiving, and run through Cyber Monday. A pre-Black Friday “holiday” deal will also likely be available prior to that starting in early November.
- Ancestry’s Black Friday offer is typically available to U.S. customers only.
- As a reference, you can scroll down the page to view Ancestry’s Black Friday ads for the last few years.
As we always do here at Blacker Friday, we’ll give you the latest updates as soon as they become available. So either check back again soon for the latest news or signup to our email newsletter and we’ll keep you in the loop. Happy bargain hunting!
What do you think your Ancestry DNA test will reveal? Let us know in the comments section at the bottom of this page.
Updated on Wednesday November 21, 2018: Ancestry’s HUGE Black Friday sale is coming back again for 2018! Starting November 22nd at midnight EST, you can pick up AncestryDNA is on sale for $49 (discounted from $99) and any Ancestry Gift subscription for 50% off. This is their lowest price of the year! It makes a great gift for you or your loved one, to help discover your unique family stories and history.
To shop the sale visit ancestry.com. No coupon required. Sale ends on November 26, 2018 at 11:59 pm EST. See their site for official terms and conditions.
Updated on Friday, November 24, 2017: Ancestry’s Black Friday sale has officially started! From now through Cyber Monday, November 27, 2017 (ending at 8:59PM PST), you’ll be able to get the Ancestry DNA Kit for only $59. It’s by far the best selling DNA kit with the largest consumer DNA database out there (compare it to 23andMe). You’ll also be able sign up to any Ancestry subscription and get 50% off.
Starting Thanksgiving day (November 24th) at 9:00PM PST and running through Cyber Monday (November 28th) at 9:00PM PST, you’ll be able to get 30% off Ancestry DNA. No coupon code need, but you’ll need to be a U.S. customer to take advantage of the offer. Certain restrictions may apply so see site for official terms.
Happy Black Friday! Great news from Ancestry – Their Thanksgiving weekend sale was just leaked to us. Starting on Thursday, Thanksgiving day (November 26, 2015) and running all the way through Cyber Monday (November 30, 2015), you’ll be able to save 30% on the wildly popular AncestryDNA kit. That drops the price down from $99.00 to just $69.00 through the entire holiday weekend. No promo code needed as the deal will be automatically applied to your shopping cart. For full details and to get this deal, visit ancestry.com.
So what exactly is AncestryDNA? It’s a test kit (using your saliva – not blood!) that helps trace your ethnic makeup among 26 distinct regions around the world. All you need to do is return a small sample in the pre-paid envelope and send it it. Then the professionals at Ancestry take your sample and analyze it against 700,000 genetic markers to figure out your biological lineage. The results come back to you in about 6-8 weeks and can be pretty surprising, even if you think you know everything about your background. Best of all, because Ancestry has such a massive database of members, it’ll search it to help you find any long-lost cousins.