It’s still too early for us to know what’s coming at Costco’s Black Friday sale this year but you can scroll down the page to see the details from last year to get an idea of what’s likely to come (we’re expecting to see similar deals return). We’ll be posting a copy of their ad and all the important details for 2020 once we know more. Be sure to check back again soon for the latest updates or join our newsletter to be the first to know the moment news is announced.
Expected 2020 Start & End Dates
This is now out 6th consecutive year tracking Costco’s annual Black Friday sale. And while the sale items vary from year to year, the sale dates tends to stay the same. Here are our predicted start and end dates for 2020:
- Expected start date, online: Thursday November 26, 2020. All stores nationwide are closed in observance of the Thanksgiving holiday.
- Expected start date, in-stores 9:00AM on Friday November 27, 2020 (Black Friday).
- Expected end date: Monday November 30, 2020 (Cyber Monday) or while supplies last.
It’s just worth mentioning that actual store hours this year may vary due to the ongoing COVID-19 coronavirus pandemic. It’s also possible that some stores located in cities with larger outbreaks may close entirely during Thanksgiving weekend and/or only offer curbside pickup or delivery options. That’s why if you plan on shopping in-person this year, be sure to check with your nearest store prior to leaving your house to see if and when they open on Black Friday.
Our Favorite Deals for 2020
While Costco typically has 30+ pages of deals in their Black Friday ad, there’s only a handful deals that get us really excited. Most of them center around electronics and that’s not only because of the sale prices but it’s also Costco’s famous no-questions-asked return policy and free Costco Concierge 2-year support and warranty. Here’s what you should be on the lookout for this year:
- TVs — While Best Buy, Walmart, Target and just about every big-box store has TVs on sale, Costco typically had the larger and high-end name-brand televisions featured in their Black Friday ad. Our favorites last year were the Vizio 65” M-Series 4K Quantium Color LED TV on sale for $599.99 and the Vizio 70” V-Series 4K UHD LED TV also on sale for $599.99.
- Laptops — Regardless of you’re a Mac or PC user, you’ll typically find a good bargain on a new laptop on both ends of the spectrum. In terms of PCs, Costco featured a Dell XPS 13” touchscreen laptop with an i7 Intel Core processor, 16GB memory and a 1TB SSD hard drive for $1399.99 after $450 savings. There was also an affordable 14” HP 1080p laptop with 4GB memory and 64GB or storage on sale for $229.99 after $70 savings. For Mac users there was a 13.3” Apple MacBook Air with an i7 Intel Core processor, 8GB memory and a 128GB SSD hard drive storage on sale for $699.99 after $200 savings. All featured laptops were limited to the number per customer that could be purchased.
- Soundbars — What’s better to go with your new TV than a soundbar? Last year Costco had two of our favorites, both the Sonos Beam “Shadow Black Edition” on sale for $299 ($70.00 off) and the Sonos Playbar with Wall Mount Kit on sale for $529.99 ($120 off). In terms of affordability, the Samsung 3.1 Channel Soundbar with wireless Bluetooth subwoofer was also a great buy at just $199.99 ($80.00 off).
- Food — Black Friday bargains on food might not be something that immediately jumps into mind but maybe it should be. Last year Costco offered $25 off per pack on USD Prime Beef Loin Whole New York Steak, $4.00 off per pack on Fresh Fryer boneless and skinless chicken breasts, and $8.00 off per pack on Whole Boneless Pork Loin. They also offered $1.00 off on 12-count artisan bread rolls and $6.00 off on 100-count Keurig K-Cup pods boxes (selected varieties).
- Jewelry — Some of the best jewelry deals are not always at fancy stores like Zales, Jared or Kay but are the big warehouse stores. In fact, both me and wife have our wedding rings from Costco and we couldn’t be happier. Some of the best finds last year were a pair of Round Brilliant 1.00 ctw VS2 diamond stud earning set in 14k while gold on sale for $799.99 ($200 off) and a round brilliant 0.70 ctw 14k white gold pendant also on sale for $799.99 ($200 off). For those of you on a big budget and looking to pop the question, there was a fantastic deal on a 3.00 ctw diamond platinum ring for $11,999 ($2000 off). With a VS2 clarity and I color, a similar quality ring would easily cost you twice as much at Tiffany & Co.
Last Year’s Black Friday Ad
Updated on Wednesday October 30, 2019: We weren’t expecting to see Costco’s Black Friday ad leaked until about mid-November, but to our delight, it’s out super early this year! You can view the entire ad scan, all 32 pages worth, posted below. Just be sure to pay attention to the different start and end dates listed on the specific pages. Enjoy 🙂
You can view the remaining pages in this year’s Black Friday ad in the history section below.
Are you interested in seeing some of Costco’s older Black Friday ads? Then follow the links below for a full history.
- 2019: Page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31 and 32.
- 2018: Page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8.
- 2017: Page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, and 32.
- 2016: Page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8.
- 2015: Page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, and 16.
- 2014: Page 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5.
What are you planning on getting at Costco’s Black Friday sale this year? Maybe a new TV? Leave your comments below