Updated September 16th, 2017: We still have the holidays ahead of us, but we’re already slowly getting ready for the 2018 tax season. If one of your New Year’s resolutions is to file your taxes early and not in the last 10 minutes of the day on April 15th, then we’ll help you to check that off your list. And of course if you know us by now, you’ll save a few bucks doing it. Be sure to check back with us in early January 2018 for more deals.
In the meantime, be sure to check out the current TurboTax deals below — These will be good for any of you filing a tax extension (that’s on October 16, 2017 this year).
Here’s a look at some of the previous TurboTax Deal s from last season (most of these will be expired now)
- Offer #1: Save $20.00 on the online edition of TurboTax Deluxe when ordered directly from intuit.com. Ten bucks may not sound like a lot but considering that it retails for just $54.99, that’s actually a little more than 36% off. The discount is automatically applied when you visit their special offer page but you’ll have to complete, file and pay for your order by the end of January, 2017 to get it. TurboTax has a history of raising prices in February so just keep that in mind.
- Offer #2: For those of you old-fashioned folks that prefer to install software on your PC rather than working on your tax return in the cloud, then you can save $10.00 on the download version of TurboTax Deluxe when ordered directly from intuit.com. Like with all deals coming from Intuit directly, you’ll have to order from the the special sale page in order to apply the savings. Although we don’t have the exact end date for this deal, we expect you’ll to be able to take advantage of the promotion up through mid-February, 2017.
- Offer #3: If you or your spouse/parter where in active military service in 2016 then you may be able to take advantage of the TurboTax’s military discount. All E1-E5 ranked military personnel get the online version of TurboTax Deluxe for free. All E6 or above military personnel get $5.00 off or more, depending on the version chosen. TurboTax uses your military W-2 to verify rank and to apply the discount to your order. Only online versions qualify – Desktop versions are excluded from the offer.
- Offer #4: The next time you login to your online banking account be sure to take a look at see if they have a deals page (I have a link in my online Bank of America account). Although we’re seeing less of these deals lately, TurboTax has a history of partnering with credit unions, banks and credit card companies and offering a discount to their clients. Some worth looking into are Capital One, Citi Bank, Vanguard, Merrill Lynch, AAA, Nasa Federal Credit Union, PenFed, and Discover Card – All of which we’ve seen these partner deals before.
- Offer #5: Is this the first time you’re thinking about completing and sending in your tax return on your own? Or maybe you just want to have a quick estimate on how much of a refund you can expect to see this year? Whatever the the reason, you can work on your tax return completely for free with TurboTax up until the point of filing. Based on the information you enter, you’ll see the expected tax refund or the extra amount you’ll need to pay.
- Offer #6: If you’re a student then it’s likely you’re not making much money right now. If so, you may actually be able to file a simple tax return for free with TurboTax this year and not pay even a penny for it. Even better yet, TurboTax can help you get over $1,000 back in education credits and deductions if you qualify. Plus they will help you with FAFSA filing by letting you print a FAFSA-friendly view of your completed tax form.
- Offer #7: A number of stores sell TurboTax, including our favorite go-to place — Amazon. They usually offer $10.00 off or so, however because their sale prices change so often (even up to several time a day on certain items) you’ll need to check out their site for today’s sale price.
- Other offers: Know anyone that’s never used TurboTax before? Well then, if you can convince them to file using their program then you’ll be able to earn a $10 Amazon Gift Card for your qualified new-to-TurboTax friend referral (you can invite up to 20 people for a maximum of $200 gift card credit). And not only will you benefit, each one of your referrals get a 20% off coupon for TurboTax Online. Check out the full offer terms for more details.
- Coming soon: If you love hosting parties then why not host a TurboTax You Party where in return for you spreading the word about TurboTax, you’ll get some free party supplies, coupons for your friends, and a free tax file for yourself. You can take a look at their blog post from last year to see what’s likely coming here again in 2017. As soon as we know more we will update the details here on Blacker Friday – Stay tuned!
Find any other good deals on TurboTax that aren’t yet posted here?
Have you seen any other TurboTax deals for 2017 that are worth sharing? Then let us know what it is and how much you saved in the comments section below.